Sign in to follow this  

Husaberg Fe450e wins the 2009 Dirt Rider 450 shootout!

no I'm married, we're buying a house, have 2 years of payments still on my 2006 husaberg..........and the 2009 berg is red sticker here in ca.

sweet bike though, if I was single... I would had one allready.

This bike has caught my eye - haven't heard of one around the Denver area.

Is there a 09 Berg owner that's going to be around Moab or the San Rafeal Swell area in the near future?

Man what a beatdown the BMW took. That kinda suprised me. Now I see why the factory team ditched the suspension.

congrats to the guys over at husaberg...and wow i think the bmw got the worst review ive ever read.

congrats to the guys over at husaberg...and wow i think the bmw got the worst review ive ever read.

Those are the kind of reviews they used to give Husabergs. Not so much

suspension focused but really harsh. For $9500 the berg better be the

best.

You know everyone expected the BMW to be expensive. So they should

have put really good suspension on it and charged more. IMO. I mean

come on suspension is everything.

is the reveiw online,,cant get the mag in the uk i think

HUGE congrats to the entire Husaberg community for the Shootout result!

I know this is a 'berg thread here but I'm a G450X owner who wrote a letter to the editor yesterday about their poor review of the BMW. I didn't dispute some of the bike's deficiencies in its first year. But, the article asked if BMW really needed to reinvent the wheel with certain features such as the crank mounted clutch & swingarm pivot countershaft plus underseat tank. I said that if we do the same things, we will get the same results so BMW should be given kudos for being daring & innovative (kinda like the 'berg?). New things are how we make improvements.

The G450X plastics have already been recalled & will be replaced plus I think the suspension will be ok for most riders or they can get it worked on like we always do anyway.

If you look at page 103 of the same issue, you'll see where Jimmy Lewis seemed gleeful that he spent $5,277 on a KTM250SX suspension! I couldn't believe that after the diss for the GX suspension.

Anyway, back to the Husaberg. It hasn't gotten much respect for years so I'm REALLY pleased to see a bike like this start to get more attention. Although I'm a BMW, KTM & Yamaha owner, I'm extremely pleased for the whole Husaberg community! Good job, everybody!!

Bob in AZ

fairplay to u bob.....iv got new berg & hopefully will get to ride the bmw next weekend so will be interesting to see how it compares...but on looks alone imop theres no better looking bike than the berg & on performance its gona take some beating,,but i rekon ill be fairly impressed with the bmw..time will tell :thumbsup:

fakesy: Please report back on the Husaberg/BMW comparison, ok? Again, I'm pleased to see a company like Husaberg be recognized since, for awhile now, they've been doing things "differently" than the Big 4. Sure, I've got sour grapes about the BMW review & there are no disputing a few basic items that are less than ideal. But, where would Husaberg be now if they weren't willing all along to take chances & do new things? It's paid off for them now & that's all I want BMW to be recognized for now; companies have GOT to bust out or else we'll all be riding Honda's & Yamaha's the rest of our lives.... Looking forward to your report back!

Bob in AZ