Sign in to follow this  

KLR650 idles perfect...dies with throttle

Ive searched the threads and seen that it could be a vacuum leak, but cant find one. Its got the standard KLR carb, CVK40. It has this problem as a result of sitting for over a year, so I installed a jet kit and replaced the pilot jet. Ive checked for air leaks-the thing simply wont respond to throttle, but just dies.

Could one of the passages in the carb be clogged? Would compressed air be of any use. I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know this problem can be found with a simple search, and that there is a variety of things to check, but Ive checked and done everything in every thread I can find and it still wont take throttle. I've replaced every jet, sprayed carb cleaner in evey passage, blown it out with compressed air, examined the diaphragm/boot in the top of the carb in a light for holes, checked for vacuum leaks, crimped hoses; it still wont take throttle. If anyone has any ideas/input I dont know what to do at this point.

Figured it out finally. It was such an amazingly obvious thing Im almost ashamed to admit it. It runs perfect. I guess it isnt really a bad thing that I ended up cleaning it three times, in retrospect.