Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Dunes?

Weekdays late march. Is it a good time to go? need to get out of the snow!! thanks

the only times I've gone this early in the year.. the word of the day is WET.. actually many words... wet, cold, miserable.. itchy.. anything northwest related is about the weather... of course, you know that

If you can get out there on a nice day, its a great time to go.

You'll miss out on the huge crowds that show up in the summer.

My buddies and I rode North Bend last weekend. Got rained on Sat morning yet dried up mid day. You don't want to ride if it has been raining for a couple of days as all the ruts from previous days will still be there. Middle of the week last week it was gorgeous according to all that were down there...f'n work keeping us from riding!

Watch the weather forecast (www.noaa.org is my favorite) and go for it! Sand is soft so a paddle tire is highly recommended!

Its always a good time to ride the dunes but be prepared for any kind of weather (often in the same day). I was at Florence and Winchester last month and had a blast. :)

I was at Florence 01-16 thru 01-18-09 and it hit 70 degrees on that Saturday. It was beautiful! Too bad the dunes were in terrible shape from the previous storms.

Can't always be perfect.

Like everyone said... just depends on the weather. We were at Florence middle of last month and it was t-shirt weather and the sand was smooth as could be.

You just have to load up and go for it! The weather changes so much on the coast that you just never know. Just go prepared for nasty weather, and if it's not... bonus!

put one on for the dunes ,says 33psi on the tire whats everyone think?