Sign in to follow this  

1997 cr125

Hi, I found a cr125 thats a 1997 for really cheap, would it be a good beginners bike? its over 1k less than a lotta bikes, but needs a top end, but Im pretty sure I can install that myself.... Ive partially built 4t engines so it cant be to bad can it? So do you guys think that would be a good bike or should I try to spend more $ on a newer one..... thanks.

^ how cheap? $400 maybe, anything more for a 12 year old 125 thats in need of a rebuild (which could end up being waaayyy more than a top-end) is too much in my opinion...i just bought a 03 RM 125 in the same condition for $750...spent another $250 fixing it and now got a nice bike....just a comparision...125's are very cheap, do some shopping and negotiating...whats your budget?

oh i forgot, 125's are pretty good beginners bikes if lyou have some experience riding and a open field to learn on for a few days...if your a true beginner and try to take a 125 trail riding your gonna hate it...it requires more rider effort than any other bike out there

you might wanna look into TTR, CRF,XR style bikes if your a true beginner

Im in canada... everything seems to be a lot more expensive here, even with the exchange but it would come out to about 1G american, the guy said he just put in a new clutch and replaced the crank, so Im pretty sure thats safe, but compared to a running 2000-2005 the bikes are about 2400 U.S...The bike also has new plastics, handlebars, fmf pipe, and tires.