jd jetting, 08 505 sx-f

hey guys hows you all doin? i'm brand new on this forum and i must say i love it already, i own a 505 sx-f 2008 and as all the owners of this bike would know there is a bit of a fluttery flat spot just above idle (loves stalling at low revs) , i have read that an 8oz flywheel helps but i spoke to my mechanic and he said that it shouldn't have to be changed to get rid of the problem, he also mentioned something about wiring the pumper open so it is always open, he owns a 505 himself and works for a ktm store. has anyone done this or heard of this? i have just ordered a jd jetting kit and was told they are really good, i was wondering if anyone has ran these kits and how did they work. did they relieve the low down bog and stall bullshit and were there any power gains. cheers guys and sorry about the essay. cam

Welcome to the forum...?

Yeah, the JD kit is the ticket. The "wiring" of the AP linkage is taken care of in the JD kit by using one of two orings that are included in the kit. The thick O-ring allows for 80% pump pressure and the thin oring allows for 40%. The oring simply takes place of the wiring the guy mentioned to you but has a bit of give to allow a more ramped up AP spray.

Definitey also invest in an adjustable leak jet Like an R&D Powerbowl, R&D Powerpump, Quickshot etc... Makes a world of difference in dialing out any bottom end bog... I have the Powerbowl and am pretty happy with it...

The Flywheel would still be a good investment...Once you get the jetting right you will want to get the power to the ground and not in wheel spin...

Welcome to the forum...?

Yeah, the JD kit is the ticket. The "wiring" of the AP linkage is taken care of in the JD kit by using one of two orings that are included in the kit. The thick O-ring allows for 80% pump pressure and the thin oring allows for 40%. The oring simply takes place of the wiring the guy mentioned to you but has a bit of give to allow a more ramped up AP spray.

Definitey also invest in an adjustable leak jet Like an R&D Powerbowl, R&D Powerpump, Quickshot etc... Makes a world of difference in dialing out any bottom end bog... I have the Powerbowl and am pretty happy with it...

The Flywheel would still be a good investment...Once you get the jetting right you will want to get the power to the ground and not in wheel spin...

Just make sure you ALSO install the right color needle .. one is for HOT temps and one is for COLD. Some people mix them up ? :D:usa:

Just make sure you ALSO install the right color needle .. one is for HOT temps and one is for COLD. Some people mix them up ? :D:usa:

Hey!

You have to admit the 505 ran pretty damn good at +40C at 5000ft :busted:

All part of the plan buddy....run a little lean at 2000ft at the start, be spot-on at 5000ft and take you out in the home stretch....Ummmmmm..... yeah....that's it...?

Welcome to the forum...?

i got the quickshot for my 06 250....it sucks! boggs way more..too much ap squirt i think....am i doing somthing wrong?? i also have o-ring mod

i got the quickshot for my 06 250....it sucks! boggs way more..too much ap squirt i think....am i doing somthing wrong?? i also have o-ring mod

What are you at for adjustment?

I'm running the Powerbowl and I'm at 1 1/2-1 3/4 turns out. I don't have any experince with the Quickshots but I don't see why you can't get it adjusted to the sweet spot. Did you do any other mods/jetting at the time you installed the Quickshot?

Quick Shot wont do you any good. Sell it and get an adj. acc. pump cover , iex. R & D Power Pump.

is funny b/c alf the magazines and even lots of ppl around here rave about how awesome the QS2 is.....then i actually buy one and it suks! ? talk about REALLY GOOD advertising

k so....when i got it....the intake was stock but when i put it on i had a UNI filter, and a Ti powercore (stock header) im 90% sure that the carb settings other that fuel screw is stock

My bad... sorry to confuse...

I have never messed with a Quickshot or Quickshot 2 and thought it also had an adjustable external leak jet like the R&D pumps/bowls...

• 3 weeks later...