could profit from what worked for me. Tired of the dicoloring

along the run of the header . BTW a xrsonly I took 1500 wet /dry

paper and sanded off the offending coloration. Not a mirror shine

but could see my reflection, bought VHT Ceramic Header Paint in CLEAR

followed directions to the letter and now after running her

in this Okla. 90 dgree weather this week the pipe has taken

on an even patina of gold, looks like anodize. Beats heck

out of previous.

If you have a new stainless header be sure to wipe it down with WD-40 or brake clean to remove all grease, including finger prints, before you start the engine.

If you do this the header will always be a nice even gold color. Finger prints leave purple/blue marks and grease just burns to it looking terrible.

I followed this procedure for all of my stainless pipes and even after running through mud holes they still clean up to a nice gold color. The only mark I have on my pipes is where my pant leg has burned to them.

If you do this the header will always be a nice even gold color. Finger prints leave purple/blue marks and grease just burns to it looking terrible.

and thats cuz the oils in your finger prints. One think i heard once when i had chrome discolor on my truck, like it does so easily!, was to paint the inside of the headers when there new? Has anyone ever found or tried anything to coat the inside? thinking maybe it just slows the heat when its first started or something like that

Pics of the work post painting?

I would be interested in the long-term durability. Nothing that comes out of a rattle can ever lasts long for me.....so I let the header turn brown. :)

and thats cuz the oils in your finger prints. One think i heard once when i had chrome discolor on my truck, like it does so easily!, was to paint the inside of the headers when there new? Has anyone ever found or tried anything to coat the inside? thinking maybe it just slows the heat when its first started or something like that

A buddy I work with sent some fancy bling pipes on a Harley in with some turbine engine parts (aircraft) to be coated and asked them to coat the inside of the pipes for him. They did it and there is absolutely no discoloration at all, even the section near the head looks like it hasn't even been hot. I know most don't have access to the jet engine coating stuff (which is some pretty high heat resistant stuff), but, maybe a ceramic coat outfit could do it with the same results...?