De-Wiring Original Speedo

Recieved a TrailTech Vapor in the post today and am starting the job of taking off the original speedo. The question I have before taking the snips to any of the wiring is........what do the pair of wires (black/yellow stripe and red/blue stripe) going into the rear/right hand side of the speedo do?. These are seperate from the main cluster of wires (large bunch that go to the centre) and the indicator/warning lights (Aus model only (I think)) wire strand.

Thanks ahead

Aus613

Ok , did you get the dash that clips onto the vapor if you did you can use the oe wires and lights for the blinkers and other stuff. Now forget about the rest of the standard wires you don't need them just use what came in the kit,follow the directions and you we be fine. I did this 12 months ago and have had no probs at all.

Thanks for the reply. No, I did not purchase the dash with the Vapor as I was going to use the original indicator/warning light arrangement, but I might now due to it sounding easy to set up. I was presuming as long as I dont cut the key ignition wires the bike will start, but was unsure about the two wires mentioned as electrics it not my thing.

Another two quick questions,

1.What temps do you have the high and danger point warning lights set at ?.

2.What revs do you have the RPM shift and the over shift indicator warning lights set at ?.

Thanks again for your help

Aus613

I know your bike is Aussie but looking at a wiring diagram for a north american model, the black/yellow wire should be a ground, don't know about the red/blue wire though. For mine, I have the high temp warning set at 105C, I have attained a max rpm of 10400, when the rev limiter cuts in, but anything over about 9K seems a bit useless with the stock pipe/header setup.