supermoto:ktm or honda

From what most people say, the CRFs are VERY maintenance intensive. If you don't have a problem with that, it would probably be a bit quicker and lighter over the KTM. Either bike should be a blast though. Personally, for road riding, I like a bigger bore because you don't have to rev it to the moon to get power out of it.

From what most people say, the CRFs are VERY maintenance intensive. If you don't have a problem with that, it would probably be a bit quicker and lighter over the KTM. Either bike should be a blast though. Personally, for road riding, I like a bigger bore because you don't have to rev it to the moon to get power out of it.

The CRF is the best racing supermoto bike, hands down. It is labor intensive because people compare it to DRZs and XRs. It is better than the KTM because the KTM has a more labor intensive schedule and parts for it cost less and there is TONS of aftermarket. I hope to find a cheap '02 for myself to convert.

• 6 months later...

Iv got a honda crf450 03 that iv converted to road use (alot of fun). maintaince hasn't been an issue ie very reliable i think. Not very good if your looking to keep a clean licence though lol. There is a noticeable difference between any 450 and a 525 (525 being quicker) but the ktm's are more hassle to maintain and aftermarket prices are alot higher. Hope this has helped a little.

The CRF is the best racing supermoto bike, hands down. It is labor intensive because people compare it to DRZs and XRs. It is better than the KTM because the KTM has a more labor intensive schedule and parts for it cost less and there is TONS of aftermarket. I hope to find a cheap '02 for myself to convert.

Don't agree the husqvarna's are much better racing supermoto's...you get a lot of bang for your buck with the husqy's. If you want to race your CRF you need to rebuild your suspension,triple clamps, caliper/brakepump etc etc. Not really needed on the Husq...

I would say KTM. The Honda you are going to go thru valves left and right. Plus if you get a KTM exc or mxc you will have a 6 speed transmission so you will not be revving the piss out of it or have it geared way too tall to cruise at a reasonable speed. KTM also have a greater oil capacity compared to the hondas. Extra bonus with the KTM would also be elec start. Of course the KTM will weigh more.

I would say KTM. The Honda you are going to go thru valves left and right. Plus if you get a KTM exc or mxc you will have a 6 speed transmission so you will not be revving the piss out of it or have it geared way too tall to cruise at a reasonable speed. KTM also have a greater oil capacity compared to the hondas. Extra bonus with the KTM would also be elec start. Of course the KTM will weigh more.

well sorry mate but throughout mx hondas are seen as the more reliable out of the group and ktm although slightly quicker are the complete opposite! ie unrealiable:bonk: :busted:

Sorry but not true. I still have the original valves in my 2002 KTM with plenty of adjustment left after 11,000 miles. Try that with a honda. Once you replace the honda valves with aftermarket oversized valves they are no longer a problem but the stock one are junk. The rest of the Hondas motor is very reliable. That being said I am a Honda fan but do not perfer the 4 strokes.

well sorry mate but throughout mx hondas are seen as the more reliable out of the group and ktm although slightly quicker are the complete opposite! ie unrealiable:bonk: :busted:

• 1 month later...