Sign in to follow this  

ACL Reconstruction Video

I had mine done by Dr. Shelbourne (whose techniques Dr. Mark studied). I was moving around pretty well on the 4th day but not like the video. I was still stiff and sore. Although I was back racing 3 months later...That was an awesome video and way to go on your recovery.

I'm home now and can see your video (BIG Firewall at work). Robert is really getting better at his production, isn't he??

I wasn't moving as well as you either. I was pretty stiff too. Additionally, I had Dr. Mark tighten my Patella Tendons due to dislocation issues I had been dealing with for 25 years. I couldn't do leglifts with my left leg because of it. I couldn't lock it out to get my foot in the air. It just took some time (and pain, I mean exercise).

Here's my video, cool music, Thanks Robert.

Dave

Ahh, the pain/exercize. It's worth it isn't it? I keep reminding myself that if I'd listened to the first surgeon I talked to I'd still be on the sofa. Gives me the drive to grind through the pain. That's why I did so well in Houston. I kept thinking about how Pro's get to be back on their bikes in no time because they're being paid to work at it. If I want to get back on my bike fast, it's going to take alot of work and pain. And it helps to have a phenominal surgeon and a muscle bound therapist too. LOL

Yeah, it's funny, just when I'd be at the hotel, working on my 3rd session of exercises, sore as hell, my wife would start threatening to call Dr. Mark or Ed to come over to silence my whining. She thought it was funny that I wouldn't make a peep the whole time the Doc or Ed was folding me in half but I moaned and groaned when I was back at the hotel with just her.

I did underestimate the pain. I think the pain, coupled with the lack of confidence in stability right after surgery was the worst. However, both issues tapered off at around the same time very quickly considering what I had done.

I just keep thinking about if I had gone somewhere else too. I'd only be 2 weeks off the crutches/splint and wondering how the hell I was ever going to walk again.

THANK YOU SANDERS CLINIC!!!!

Dave

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one wining...My son stayed with me and I have to hand it to that kid as he pushed me when I needed to be pushed. Right around the 4th or 5th daily session I'd start hitting the wall. Great to hear that I'm not the only one who had a rough time. However, all the effort was worth it as I raced on my 3 month post op anniversary. As the good doctor says, ACL reconstruction isn't for sissies.