Sign in to follow this  

06 vs 07 vs 08 vs 09 yz250

I'm thinking about going back to 2 strokes. I'm hoping some of you can get me up to speed on differences in the late model yzs. I dont want to fork out for an 09 to find a 2stroke doesnt suit me anymore.

I think the yz 250 got the aluminum frame in 05 correct? But the KYB SSS fork didnt come out til 06? Thats the main reason I'd like to compare the 06, 07 and 08 and 09. If they are basically the same bike, I think I'll try to find a clean 06 for sale to save money.

I'll most likely be sending the suspension to enzo to revalve for my skill/riding type and getting springs for my weight. So minor valving tweaks that may differ year to year arent a major concern. I'm looking for info more along the lines if a given year sucked turning/handling or a year that seemed to have a bad production run of pistons that failed or ride impressions or ???

Any tips on pipe/muffler combos for these bikes? I'm mainly intersted in smooth power delivery.

Is the 09 aluminum frame the same aluminum frame as the 05?

thanks

:)

i agree, if you are just looking to get into two strokes, find an 06. some of the differences just include weight loss, suspension valving adjustments, BNG, seat cover, brake hose clamp, uhh oh and some jetting adjustments.

i almost bought the 06, but i found an 09 for 150 bucks more, so get the best deal. :)

Say man I just got an 08 new and its good to back on a 2 stroke. it has power every where and no hit . Its electric and smooth...wow did I say light and fast. good luck dude.