Sign in to follow this  

Reed bike parts

Hey guys looking up close at reed's bike i want to know the company or who makes that all uniform glideplate and engine case covers.. just looks super light and awesome... spread the word if you know..

thanks

It is all going to be works Suzuki parts. The only way you can get most of those parts is you are Reed's teammate...believe me, I have tried.

Hey guys looking up close at reed's bike i want to know the company or who makes that all uniform glideplate and engine case covers.. just looks super light and awesome... spread the word if you know..

thanks

I was thinking the same thing.I wonder if anyone makes a plastic or carbon fiber one.I was going to buy a works connection allum one but they are a pain in the a## and rattle.

Anyone know of any other skid plates out there??

I have the Works Connection Skid plate, had no problems with rattling and bolted on in about 5 minutes...and just ordered the pair of engine guards as I thought they looked like they had pretty good coverage...now you have me thinking....I will have to let you know about the rattling.

...and the parts off Reeds bikes are Suzuki works products ...good luck if you can get a hold of them:banghead: ...if you do...please let us all know:ride:

Lightspeed makes a nice looking CF glide plate that covers the frame rails, although the case guards are seperate. They make 1-piece units for other models but the RMZ450 isn't listed as one of them on their website. Might be worth a phone call, not sure hwo updated it is?

I would seriously think twice about putting a carbon fiber glide plate on your bike. That stuff looks sweet and is very light, but it WILL crack and break pretty easily.

Lightspeed makes a nice looking CF glide plate that covers the frame rails, although the case guards are seperate. They make 1-piece units for other models but the RMZ450 isn't listed as one of them on their website. Might be worth a phone call, not sure hwo updated it is?

+1

I was just gonna say that.

they make A LOT of carbon fiber stuff.

http://www.lightspeedperf.com/

It is all going to be works Suzuki parts. The only way you can get most of those parts is you are Reed's teammate...believe me, I have tried.

I was afraid of that answer however I figured Id ask. I do have a connection at Suzuki as I have done a lot of Street bike stuff with them however my contact was let go...but Ill work on it for sure...

I also have the works alum and really that thing pisses me off more then helps... I hate the fact that i have to take it off everytime to change oil and I change it a lot... as well I have already lost one rear clamp however it has never rattled nor does it with three clamps holding it on...

I may disagree with you pinto on the carbon fiber ones cuz my neighbor has a ktm and a cf skid plate and that fool just rides gnarly trails with no damage so i think a track bike would hold up even better... just my 2cents..

Might look into light speed one just figure i can spend money else where...

I think the Lightspeed one looks better and it's $30 cheaper!

rmz450glideplatebig.jpgrmsp45.jpg

Just need one of these made for our bikes!

332-00550_crf4.jpg

If the CF is made right and mounted right it will take an extreme amount of abuse. I would use it if I could afford it

Looks like I lied.....no skid plates from e-line for the zook. Sorry guys.

I think the Lightspeed one looks better and it's $30 cheaper!

rmz450glideplatebig.jpgrmsp45.jpg

Just need one of these made for our bikes!

332-00550_crf4.jpg

There is a reason why the lightspeed parts are cheaper, they are much lower quality than Carbon Fiber Works parts. They may look better new, but they don't hold up like a CF Works part. The junk that lightspeed sells is part of the reason why so many people have the misconception that carbon fiber is weak and breaks easily.

There is a reason why the lightspeed parts are cheaper, they are much lower quality than Carbon Fiber Works parts. They may look better new, but they don't hold up like a CF Works part. The junk that lightspeed sells is part of the reason why so many people have the misconception that carbon fiber is weak and breaks easily.

Interesting, care to elaborate? Sounds like you've been able to test them both, what's wrong with the Lightspeed stuff?

Interesting, care to elaborate? Sounds like you've been able to test them both, what's wrong with the Lightspeed stuff?

I'm not sure if it is lower quality materials or if it is the way they make the stuff, but in general lightspeed parts are junk. I've used a lot of them and they all broke (and I'm not the only person that has experienced this). Do a search and you will find other complaints of lightspeed parts not fitting right or breaking easily. Right now I work at a place making carbon fiber race car parts, and I know that parts like this are not supposed to break easily. I've used a lot of carbon fiber works stuff and have loved it all, it holds up much better, but costs more.