WR250R Adventure Bike

Whilst some may think I am mad, I am in the process of planning a 4000km trip around 'The Kimberley' Australia (In the North of West Australia) for three weeks in May this Year on my WR250r and thought you might be interested in the preperations for the trip.

This photo is from a test 1000km round trip camping trip I did a couple of weekends ago, I welded the rack up myself and the front screen is from a second hand bike shop(it works really well). Fuel is still a bit of a problem as unleaded fuel is very limited in the Kimberley, I am currently waiting for the release of the safari tank from Aqualine.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5062/07032009001.jpg

WOW sounds awesome. Where are you going from to get to the Kimberly? I lived there when I was very young... beautiful area.

The new tank sounds like it's going to be expensive... new fuel pump an all ?

The screen looks like a great idea.. a little bit of protection would nice on a super long trip.

I'm in the process of welding up some stainless racks to hold my soft pannier bags... should be good when i'm finished!

At least you know the bike will be stone reliable out there in the middle of aust!

Hope you have a great trip.

I live in Perth so I will be freighting the bike to Broome and leaving from there. I will complete a loop via the Gibb River Road to Kunnurra/Bungles and then back to Broome where the bike will be freighted back to Perth. The initial indications are that the tank should cost in the order of $499.

Good Luck to Ya! I'm setting up my bike in a similar manner. Must be a thread of madness to WRR owners to make them do more than anyone expects (except us) :banghead:

From what i can tell from the photo, your fab. job for the racks looks great. Have a great trip! ?