Sign in to follow this  

DRZ yosh tri-cone carbon

Is it possible to get this pipe in the US? seen a few overseas and on the japan yosh site. thanks

anything is possible....how much $$$ do you have is the question.

You can get the regular Ti pipe and then get a replacement carbon sleeve for the muffler.

Or find a GSX-R carbon muffler on eBay. It should be pretty much a direct fit and it will have a wider core.

okay, so take this can for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yoshimura-TRC-Slip-on-Exhaust-Suzuki-GSXR-600-750-08-c_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a3Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem110324578247QQitemZ110324578247QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

How much modding is necessary to bolt this a header pipe. Take the MRD/SSW for example?? I cant imagine that the pipes just line up and bolt on.

I did that on my bike. It was a direct fit.

MRD/SSW header+midpipe and GSX-R TRS can:

3310419650_8a95c550e4.jpg

3309590835_d2dcebfcb4.jpg

Does anyone know of a carbon fiber can that will mount up to a Yoshimura RS-2 exhaust? Just got off the phone with Yoshi, and they want $275 just for the carbon can!

Like I said, a GSX-R can is your best bet. They show up on eBay quite often.

Dongie - looks sick! thats exactly what im after. Have any expierence on what works better for the can, being the gsxr 600, 750, 1000 or are they all the same?

I can't really tell since I don't have experience with any other mufflers but my advice would be to check with the seller about the inlet width. If it matches your midpipe, you should be good to go :)

I checked into getting one when I first got my bike and yosh said it was going to be like 1500 bucks. 1000 deposit before its order and the cost may go up if the dollars drops even after the deposit. So its not worth it. Just get a mrd and have a great warranty.

I cant find the exact dimensions of the gsxr 600 trc carbon can but i see a few listed around 28 inches. that seems alot longer than the can on yours dongie. I dont think 28 inches would even mount up.

The TRS can you see mounted on my bike is shortened. 12" total length. It's an easy mod if you have a good saw or grinder/cutter.

You take all rivets out, take the cap off, cut the sleeve, cut the core, put new rivets in place, done. To me, it was a lot more fun doing such little project than spending a thousand dollars more to get something that bolts right up.

Here's how it sounded:

Hey Dongie, what does the exhaust sound like with the different can? Is it any quieter or about the same?

It's a lot louder. It also flows much better and has a nice deep throaty sound.

Eddies dyno run showed a 1hp difference between the DRZ Ti TRS can and the GSX-R version with a 2" core.

Like I said, a GSX-R can is your best bet. They show up on eBay quite often.

I know the carbon can is a direct fit on the Ti but he was asking about the RS-2 which I'm not sure it is.

Anyways I just sold a GSXR CF can on fleebay last week for $354. Here's what it looks like with the CF/Ti:

DRZ_Yosh_Ti_03.jpg

DRZ_Yosh_Ti_02.jpg

anything is possible....how much $$$ do you have is the question.

Or like they say in Singapore: 'Scared don't have? Got money or not?' :):banghead: :banghead:

That carbon yosh looks NICE!!!! I need to find out if that will fit on my RS2, my guess is that it will. $345 for a muffler is just too damn much though, lol.

Scared don't have!

It's just a matter of getting a simple measurement and you'll know for sure.