Sign in to follow this  

jd kit or r&d power pump?

Hey all, i'm looking to get one of these but not sure witch one. i have an 09 450 sxf and do mostly desert & track but i'm going to be doing some mountain trail riding soon (about 8000-11000 ft) so i need to ajust for the altittude and herd the ALJ power pump is the way to go but not sure so any input would be cool thanks.

I would get both. The JD kit makes the jetting spot-on and the power pump fixes the acc. pump timing. You can also go for JD kit & Honda membrane/o-ring mod. if money is the issue and you can´t afford the PP.

you can start with the jd jetting, oring and honda diaphram as Ville says and if you still want the external adjustability you can add the rd powerbowl or pump and the only thing that will be a bit of a waste is with the rd you will go back to your stock diaphram (short shaft) and set the honda one (long shaft) aside, ($12 I think).

Doesn't this model come with a leak jet?? Ask JD when you order the kit, once the leak jet is correct there is little advantage to having a knob to adjust the squirt, right is right!

thanks for the help guys,as far as riding at 8 to 11000 FT with the power pump will i be able to ajust the knob for the altittude, or am i reading that wrong.