Sign in to follow this  

My Season is Over

Well it is with regret I am out of the MX Circuit for a while. I have herniated disks at L5 and S1 which is causing dibilitating Sciatica in my left leg. Doc says riding is just not even an option this year and maybe the next few tears. I will be going for two rounds of cortizon shots in the next few weeks to try and bring the swelling down as much as possible and if that does not work surgery may be the ony option.

Spring is always an exciting time to start thinking about getting out on the track so it sucks to now have to think about selling off all the things i love related to MX. To everyone, please take care of your back and have a safe season.

I will be back one day!!!!!!

sucks getting old....i love riding but my knee doesnt.....

Man good luck, I also have had a serious injury. It is not the best thing but reflect and keep dreaming about when you will get back on the bike it helps. Finally, you should invest in a nice video camera or regular camera and go to the local track and take pictures. I am sure that is the best thing you could do. Sorry man though you will make it and get a brand new bike after it:smirk:

Good Luck,

Eric

keep you head up and come back swinging in a couple of years. :)

Keep the faith Bro, I have a hearniated L-5 also, i did it about 8 yrs ago. Got some shots, alot of PT helped. The best thing i ever did was get a Hang-ups inversion table to keep me in alignment and releive pressure on the area. I ride now as much as i can, back flares up every now and then but i take Aleive everyday about 800MG and it keeps it under check. If you ever have any questions Pm me ill be happy to discuss. Theres alot of options out there though, Micro disectomys, stuff like that, they go in with a scope and cut out the enlarged part. But your swelling will go down. Just do your core exercises.

Well it is with regret I am out of the MX Circuit for a while. I have herniated disks at L5 and S1 which is causing dibilitating Sciatica in my left leg. Doc says riding is just not even an option this year and maybe the next few tears. I will be going for two rounds of cortizon shots in the next few weeks to try and bring the swelling down as much as possible and if that does not work surgery may be the ony option.

Spring is always an exciting time to start thinking about getting out on the track so it sucks to now have to think about selling off all the things i love related to MX. To everyone, please take care of your back and have a safe season.

I will be back one day!!!!!!

careful with the cortizone shots. They basically mask the pain and don't really "fix" the problem. I had the option of getting 2 shots a year for the rest of my life for my knee pain, or physical therapy, I chose the latter. I know herniated disks are a bit different, but I've heard stories of people thinking they're all better (no pain) and go out and re-injure themselves, this time worse than before.

Be careful, and I hope you get back on the bike ASAP.

that always sucks to hear someone has to be off the bike keep your head up and dont give up!

That sucks BIG time. I went through the same thing around 4 yrs ago. The first shot relieved the pain for about a week, the second shot relieved the pain for about 3 days, and the third shot didn't do crap. My doc made me do the shots as a less evasive treatment before getting more drastic. Long story short, I ended up having a percentinious disk decompression (spell check, but it means small incision) Basically it is a 1/4 inch diameter needle looking thingy they stick in you to the disk and uses sound waves to decompress the vertibra. I actually walked off the operating table feeling like a million bucks. Had the surgery on a Thursday and back to work on Monday. Only had restrictions for 12 weeks and never looked back since.

Good Luck :)

Sorry to hear about your pain. I know exactly how you feel since i have not been able to ride for the 18 months due to 4 knee operations. Dr.Mark did my last 2 back in june...so this spring will the first time in a long time. Good luck and stay positive and you'll be riding in now time.

Something similar to that happened to my dad. He ended up having to have surgurey and now he can't ride period. Sorry to hear that dude. Hope u get well soon

Hard to tell exactly how it started. I was diagnosed 2 yeas ago but it was not nearly as bad as today and went away for the last two years. I think it is just from years of abuse. I am not one to shy away from the fun things in life even if there are consequences. Anyway, i was skiing at the end of January and hit a mogul the wrong way and felt a pop and it just got worse from there. So here I am laying on the floor taking pain meds and trying to work. Unfortunately, i do have to sell the bike and a gear for now but i look at the bright side: My next bike will be fuel injected and may resemble a rocket ship!!!! Thanks for all the support.