Sign in to follow this  

What Animal Has Tried to Roost You?

Reading about the Kangaroos in Australia has got me wondering what

critters have tried to take you out while on your DRZ?

Me, a pheasant came at me a few days ago.

In real life they are only about a 20 inch wing span.

But, coming directly at your head in an effort to fly over the road

they look to 5 foot wide and 20 foot long.

They are not mean birds but that brilliant red eye looks like death

at 50 mph. And that long tail is like waiting for a train to pass.

Ne.ighbor's dog scared the s$%t otta me at about 2 am when I was coming home from work and I didn't know the dog was out. Doesn't really count though, I was on my old sportbike at the time, not the DRZ.:)

not an animal, but I was nearly taken out by a big arse tumble weed while commuting on my drz between Golden and Boulder CO.

Damn tumble weeds [shakes fist]

Oh, I forgot about the dragon fly (B52) that hit my goggles so hard I thought I was hit by a rock.....really took me by suprize:busted:

I hit a 700 pound moose on the interstate with my truck back in October. I hope I don't repeat that with my DRZ

my wife was following me home one day and a rabbit ran out right at the front wheel. Scare me a bit because I was cooking through a corner at the time. From what the wife said the front tire totally decapitated the poor rabbit:( . On the good side I barely felt the impact.

Lets see, a cow, rabbit, turkey vulture feeding on road kill. Oh, this morning it was pouring rain and a Jeep almost got me, but that animal don't count.

almost center punched a moose abut 20 years ago.scared the crap outa me.moose couldnt care less.didnt even look up at me as i slid by.

almost center punched a moose abut 20 years ago.scared the crap outa me.moose couldnt care less.didnt even look up at me as i slid by.

There would have been two sets of skidmarks, one on the road and one in my drawers.....:)

I had a suicidal kat huck itself into my rear wheel the other day. All I saw was a furry carcass careening to a halt on the other side of the road in my mirror. He was the one who got roosted!

I had a Pigeon fly low outta a hedge as I was hammering down some old back roads.... hit me square in the side of my head. The rest of the ride to work was at about 20-30mph

While snowmobiling in Yellowstone, a bald eagle tried to rip my head off. I know that's not on a DRZ, but it ought to count for something.

On my DRZ? A few mice, and a dog just this last Sunday. Oh yeah, and this thing...

animalmuppets.jpg

got hit in the shoulder with a yellow and black bird going about 65-70mph. don't know what kind of bird it was i just saw a yellow and black streak and felt something punch me in the shoulder. lucky it wasn't in the head.

Let's see here...

I was riding wearing a t-shirt one time and I had a HUGE dragonfly land itself right in the shirt pocket. Started wiggling around and freaked me out, lol.

I was stung in the face by a bee one time while splitting lanes coming up to a red light. That SUCKED! Frantically trying to scrape the stinger out before the light turned green, didn't happen, had to holeshot traffic and pull over.

My old neighbors had a big dog that used to chase my bike every time I went by. One day he was doing it, and ran right into a mini van going the other way. He didn't get hit by the van, he t-boned the van. Ran right into the thing and damn near knocked himself out. It was kinda funny! He was ok, and he didn't chase me anymore after that!

ha i got one ,,,here in maryland we have seven year locust..i hit a flock at 75 mph ,,, in a tee shirt ,,,it looked like i got beat up with a bat

I had a bobcat jump out in front of me and run down the forest service road in front of me for about 50 feet before bounding back into the woods. This happened a couple months ago in the Talladega National Forest in Alabama. First time I'd seen a bobcat.

Strangely, we saw one again about 2 weeks later from a distance.