Sign in to follow this  

WR250 Financing

I was going to probably do the paperwork for an '08 WRR here but I just had a concern brought up to me about the yamaha financing?

I could either save up the money and get the bike at the end of the summer, or get it now and save while riding. So ultimately I would be paying the bike off early. I heard they hit you hard for doing this though? Any reccomendations?

I bought an 08 WRR and took advantage of the 0.0% APR for 6 months that Yamaha offered last June thru HSBC.

I paid the loan off this past January and was not charged any fees or interest, not one red cent and received the title within 2 weeks.

Keep in mind that this is not a Loan like you get for a car, it is a credit card from HSBC....you make minimum payments and you will never pay it off, but like any other credit card, you make big payments and take advantage of the low interest they offer and you come out ahead....but miss a payment and wham, you are going to be looking at over 20% interest...read it all over good before you sign...I have not had any problems and have used this for three motorcycles, but you need to be aware of how it works and why they offer what they do....they snare allot of people in with low payments for 6 months and people think they are getting a good deal, when in reality they are not paying off the loan at all.....

I went through Usaa and got a 6% simple 24 month loan. I would look into them if you can. They have no prepayment penalty.

I bought an 08 WRR and took advantage of the 0.0% APR for 6 months that Yamaha offered last June thru HSBC.

I paid the loan off this past January and was not charged any fees or interest, not one red cent and received the title within 2 weeks.

I did the same thing and paid off before the 6 months were up.

Does anyone know what might be offered as a special in april?

Does anyone know dealer cost on a new 09?