Sign in to follow this  

Chain Guides

searched and didnt find anything. or im blind.

anyway, i'm not really happy with the stock chain guide on my bike (doesn't slide through very easily) and i was wondering what yall had on your KTMs. I was going to go with the TM designs chain guide but the KTM one is a fraction of the price....or is this OEM?

TM Designs:

971087_lg.jpg

KTM:

7730407000004_lg.jpg

Thanks guys, I'd really appriciate any help!

I just can't justify the cost of the TM. I will stick with my stock one, maybe removing the metal bracket at some point.

The KTM one looks to be basically a stock piece, maybe beefed up some. I like the stock unit as it allows you to adjust the unit to allow clearance for larger sprockets.

For me, it's something I am not going to put much thought or money into.

I like the TM alot,Its tough as nails and being a hare scramble racer thats very important to me!As for the price,you can buy just the guide,or you can buy the whole kit,I think you get what you pay for though! If you watch videos of race footage,SX,MX,enduro,desert,worcs,you will notice alot of the KTM racers run the TM Designs unit!! These racers can run any product they want and they seem to run the TM products,if its good enough for them,its good enough for me! And in ORANGE!!!!!

I just bit the bullet and ordered a TMdesigns. I"m just tired of bending the stock guide. Then it eats up the guide and the chain before you even realize it's happened. I have heard nothing but praise for the TM. Think of the abuse some people can dish out and it still comes with a one year unconditional warranty.

You might want to invest in one of these too. http://bulletproofdesigns.com/ktmchainguide.htm

I use both the bulletproof racing swingarm tab brace in concert with the TM.... The TM is just pure beef. Big solid and best of all yer' chain slides through er' real easy like. I weigh 230 pounds without my gear and ride the rocks in Colorado. Snapping the tabs off that stock swingarm on the 08+ bikes is not hard to do and my chain guides and brake fins take a beating on our trails.

$85.00 for the TM and I think $40.00 for the Bullet proof racing guard is cheap insurance to insure a full day in the Rocky Mountain...Rocks!

Picture144.jpg

Note: If you run the TM guide with the Bulletproof racing swingarm brace you will need to machine a bit of material off the backside of the guard as the two pieces will not simply bolt together.

I like the BRP Chain guides a bit more than the TMs. The TMs ive used tended to wear a little faster than the BRP, and they look like crap after a little while because of the scratches in the softer material.

I like the BRP Chain guides a bit more than the TMs. The TMs ive used tended to wear a little faster than the BRP, and they look like crap after a little while because of the scratches in the softer material.

Does the BRP have the replaceable lower piece like the TM?