Sign in to follow this  

Beer for Eddie - what kind??? - also DRZ-GPS????

:):banghead: :banghead:

Did a search and seems Eddie might drink a beer, but does anyone know what kind he prefers??? Intend to make a road trip from Texas to Colorado in a few months to meet the man that has helped me and so many others here at TT. Probably spend a few bucks in his shop, but wanted to drop off some cerveza if it was welcome. We have a brew made here - Shiner - in several varieties - I prefer Shiner Bock. This thread is not intended to start a 'which beer is best' endless discourse. I have read enough on the 'o_l' threads to see how that goes..... Hope this thread does not get killed until I find the answer.... I do have a drz question: I have an older Garmin GPS unit and there is not a good mount available for it - How do any of you mount yours?????

I was able to find a handlebar mount for my Garmin. I've got the map60 version. I had to modify the mount a little bit, but holds strong and works great.

After reading my original comment, I think it sounded a little harsh (with no intention). But basically my intention was to ask "what mount, a garmin specific motorcycle mount?"

After reading my original comment, I think it sounded a little harsh (with no intention). But basically my intention was to ask "what mount, a garmin specific motorcycle mount?"

Actually I have an OLD Garmin GPSIII unit that I will probably have to fabricate a mount for.... talked to Garmin a few minutes ago and they have some discontinued products on their web site that maybe I can alter.... Easiest way would be to buy a new unit that had a mount available, but I am too cheap for that....

Actually I have an OLD Garmin GPSIII unit that I will probably have to fabricate a mount for.... talked to Garmin a few minutes ago and they have some discontinued products on their web site that maybe I can alter.... Easiest way would be to buy a new unit that had a mount available, but I am too cheap for that....

Could not believe it but found a Garmin part number for a handlebar mount (remember-this unit is OVER ten years old) and they are AVAILABLE!!!

Shiner is everywhere my friend. Get him some Ziegen or Rahr. :)

+1 on the RAM mount.

From my past experience the RAM mounts are much better mounts than the stuff Garmin sells. The RAM stuff is generally a little more expensive, but worth it in the long run. Ive used a RAM mount for the last year and its still as good as new and I'm a frequent off road crasher.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx

Shiner is everywhere my friend. Get him some Ziegen or Rahr. :)

+1 on the RAM mount.

Shiner is everywhere???

Spoken like a true Texan, but the brewery says it is not quite everywhere yet..

Thanks to all you guys for the RAM mount info. I looked them up and they do look much better than the Garmin plastic unit.... Going to get one....

Even us rednecks in Alabama can go to the store and buy Shiner Bock, but Ziegen or Rahr are totally unknown to us (or at least me) :)

I used the lame plastic mount that came with my vapor to mount my gps, Works perfect.

No worries Ron. Didn't even see your first comment. It's actually a garmin specific mountain biking handlebar mount. I like it because it isn't cumbersome and my gps unit clips right in. I leave the mount attached to the bars all the time.