Sign in to follow this  

Buy leftover 08 TE450 or new 09?

There is a $1000 difference between the two. I know that for the 08 if I decide to do the power-up kit I will have to purchase it.

I believe the frame is two pounds lighter,and the graphics are a bit different,thats about it.

09= better brakes(disks), slightly lighter frame, black anondised rims(nice).

And obviously slightly better resale on your next upgade.

Up to you mate wether you think this is all worth a 1000 bucks.

2009 has better oiling for bearings and some other added durability fixes. Grab a booklet from Husky.

I was in the same dilemma, i opted for the 09 due to the fact of all the little changes that were done as well as the black rims. I paid $7500 OTD for my 09 TE510. Good luck with whatever you purchase

Wow, that's a good price Ninja Nate. That would make my decision easier to go with the 09, I was quoted 8K OTD, that included taxes. Did your $7500 include taxes?

Wow, that's a good price Ninja Nate. That would make my decision easier to go with the 09, I was quoted 8K OTD, that included taxes. Did your $7500 include taxes?

I purchased out of state, bike price was 7K and it was about 500 for taxes in state. It was a great deal and I'm sooo glad I jumped on it. Hopefully I'll be taking her out this weekend to get a little dirty, she's not a huge fan of pavement :thumbsup: