Sign in to follow this  

Nitrogen enriched fuel?

I see Shell advertising the nitrogen fuel. I have used strictly Shell 93 octane since purchasing my bike. Does anyone have experience with this? Will the nitrogen harm or help anything? Will jetting have to be adjusted? I am just curious because this is the first time of hearing about nitrogen enriched fuel.

Supposedly, the nitrogen additive is simply a fuel system cleaner. You may get cleaner valves. Forget about it.

That's what I thought and I wasn't too worried about it. Just curious. :)

I use nitrogen enriched oxygen on all my vehicles.

I use nitrogen enriched oxygen on all my vehicles.

you mean "air"?

:)

yeah i saw that just in the last few weeks also, since its in the air already it cant be that bad, i just wish SHELL would add 5% NOS to their fuels LOL

• Like 1

yeah i saw that just in the last few weeks also, since its in the air already it cant be that bad, i just wish SHELL would add 5% NOS to their fuels LOL

Right, that is what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if it dilutes the fuel like octane does. For a car or truck I would not have thought twice but, bikes can be picky when it comes to fuel. Thanks for the replies everyone.

• Like 1

What a total cheesey gimick! Just for that, Im not using their swill.

Its BP/ Arco all the way for me :)

I thought Nitrogen is an inert element. Air is something like 80% Nitrogen. When we breath it, it neither hurts nor helps us. If someone were to Nitrogen-enrich a fuel, I would guess that it would actually compromise the power of a bike. It's displacing Oxygen and fuel.

I thought Nitrogen is an inert element. Air is something like 80% Nitrogen. When we breath it, it neither hurts nor helps us. If someone were to Nitrogen-enrich a fuel, I would guess that it would actually compromise the power of a bike. It's displacing Oxygen and fuel.

I didn't think it would bother anything but, this is the concern I had about the Nitrogen. It would be nice if someone can do so tests on it.

Correct. Nitrogen is like Argon or Helium, it doesn't burn. We use it as a purge gas at the welding shop. It also makes a very good fire extinguisher.

Just another ad gimmick.