Sign in to follow this  

Kickstart Seized

Ok, my original post was 07 stalls out after running a few mins. I have since, taken the carb apart and cleaned, replaced plug, ended up having new throttle cables put on in the process, checked the clutch plates, looked at the kickstart gears, measured my valve clearances, and just this morning I put it all back together and took it out for another test run.

Its started fine, and after proper warm up I took it through the gears once and sure enough after about 5 mins of riding it stalled out (while on the throttle) and now the kickstart is completely seized. Won't kick over, stuck!

Sounds like i've got something beyond my abilities that needs to be fixed, but i'd love to know if anyone else has had this happen or has any insight.

Could be bad, could've seized the motor. Happened on my CRF 250R and I had to replace the crank.

Same thing happened to me on my crf250x.....

Ran fine, stalled, then started up a few times and stalled.

The kick start was seized next time I tried to start.

Rod shifted on the crank and the bottom end is seized.

Drain your oil and look for shavings.

Hope it's not this....:)

Thanks guys, I'll check the oil in the morning. After that I think I'm going to find someone with a bit more experience to help! Cracking the case and all that fun stuff is a little beyond this gals expertise...

I had the same problem on my 05 crf250r. i was in my last race of the season and i was going around a turn and my bike stalled in the middle of the turn i tried to bump start it because i was still moving that didnt work so i tried to kick start it and the kick starter didnt even budge. When i took the engine apart i found metal shavings all over the inside of the engine. What happened was my connecting rod seized up and wouldnt let the crank turn. I managed to find a wiseco crank with bearings lower end gaskets and seals for $200 on ebay.