Sign in to follow this  

street legal 300

was thinking of buying a 92 300exc street legal so i can ride to the hill instead of useing a truck to get there. does the 300 work well as a dualsport.

Not really. It works fine if you have to pop out on a road for a couple miles, but longer pavement stretches are annoying.

I totally agree with the llamadude on this one. My 250 EXC is plated, great for coming off a trail and blasting a couple miles down the highway to another trail head, but sucks for any real distance. :)

how would a 250/300 be for a day of logging roads? I have a 250sx that has a plate. It will be used for 95 percent single track but I would like to cruise some logging roads with my uncle on his drz once in awhile.

I would have a separate rear wheel to switch with the right gearing.

if its dirt, the long miles arent that bad, but if its pavement, your tire is going to suffer and its kinda crappy..

idk i either just go for it on pavement to get to the dirt, or put it on the back of my car carrier.. not too hard

My 300 sucks balls on the highway.....Buzzy, wound out and just wrong. I love the tag though and commute to the trailhead often. On fire roads its OK but still buzzy and still wound out pretty good.

Such is the price one pays for a light bike that is just a joy once in its element. Single track trails!

I use a Pirelli DOT trials tire not only for supreme traction on the trail and the low impact that has once there....But also for its extremely long life for commuting on paved roads compared to any knobby I have tried yet.

Picture046.jpg