Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Parts??? Where?

hello i am fairly new to this thread and im going to be getting a drz400sm soon, with in the week. Im going to be buying a used one off Craigslist, mostly loking for one that has atleast an full exhaust system. But i was just doing my home work to see where i can find aftermarket parts for these bikes??? Like graphics, bilng for my bike, tail lights engine hop-up's, sliders ext, ext,ext.... Waht are the best sites that i can buy from for these things?

BTW has any body customized there own exhaust like for instance the tail pipe, how it sticks out so far, has anyone cut down the header to shorten it up?

Please if you can let me know those few things i would appreciate it.

hello i am fairly new to this thread and im going to be getting a drz400sm soon, with in the week. Im going to be buying a used one off Craigslist, mostly loking for one that has atleast an full exhaust system. But i was just doing my home work to see where i can find aftermarket parts for these bikes??? Like graphics, bilng for my bike, tail lights engine hop-up's, sliders ext, ext,ext.... Waht are the best sites that i can buy from for these things?

BTW has any body customized there own exhaust like for instance the tail pipe, how it sticks out so far, has anyone cut down the header to shorten it up?

Please if you can let me know those few things i would appreciate it.

The TT store is a good place to get things and I've also heard lots of good things about http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml

There was a few threads of people choppng their exhaust. You should be able to find them thru the search function......:)

You better hide your wallet, once you see the wheeling site... especially once you find the Zeta stuff.

this is what im going to be doing to my bike when i do get it, i dont know if anyone has done this, but im going to shave both side number plates to make it flow better with the rear fender, kinda like the WR250x, oh and buy the way, SICK BIKE and thanks for who ever bike this is, im useing it as test run on how it will look. :)

IMG_1567.jpg

Im thinking that im going to customize the exhaust, like maybe put some duals or atleast move it back so it doest look all titty sticking out like it has a freakin boner or something. I have to see what i can work with onece i get the bike. this is what i done to my little bike, custome made dual exhaust.

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

I wouldn't EVER buy a used bike.

Your looking at spending more money to fix it compared to buying a brand new one. But good luck.

I wouldn't EVER buy a used bike.

Your looking at spending more money to fix it compared to buying a brand new one. But good luck.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement.....:banghead: Not trying to attack you but that's just not true. A good used bike can be had for half what new one is. Give it a good once over and customize away.....:)

Used bike, you never know what your getting tho.

What if it has a busted up pistion?

Or, it needs new cam shaft.

Your buying someone else problems.

this is what im going to be doing to my bike when i do get it, i dont know if anyone has done this, but im going to shave both side number plates to make it flow better with the rear fender, kinda like the WR250x, oh and buy the way, SICK BIKE and thanks for who ever bike this is, im useing it as test run on how it will look. :)

Just a heads up: The left panel hides the battery. If you cut that much off the panel, you will have to move the battery or do without it... :banghead:

Then you go back to the guy you bought it from and beat the living SH!T out of him, cuz he lied to your face saying "it runs perfect" :)

you may want to look in to using the sxv exhaust as a platform? still a custom fab but might help out.

you may want to look in to using the sxv exhaust as a platform? still a custom fab but might help out.

I know that’s what I was kinda leaning twards. Well see how it gose.

Just a heads up: The left panel hides the battery. If you cut that much off the panel, you will have to move the battery or do without it... :)

REALLY!!! The battery is under the rear fender to the side a bit? If I cut just like I edited on that one pic the battery will show?!?!

Wow ill have to go check one out on the dealer floor. The years are pretty much all the same 05 to 09?

REALLY!!! The battery is under the rear fender to the side a bit? If I cut just like I edited on that one pic the battery will show?!?!

Wow ill have to go check one out on the dealer floor. The years are pretty much all the same 05 to 09?

Yep, battery has been behind the left side panel since day one. Dual exhaust like in that picture won't work either without relocating the battery.

That's why you go look at it. If you don't know what to look for then take someone with you that does. The problems you stated are pretty obvious b/c the bike ain't gonna run right if it runs at all. Still ridiculous to think used bikes are no good but if you have the money to buy a new one everytime you want one then have at it.....:)

IMG_1567.jpg

Im thinking that im going to customize the exhaust, like maybe put some duals or atleast move it back so it doest look all titty sticking out like it has a freakin boner or something. I have to see what i can work with onece i get the bike. this is what i done to my little bike, custome made dual exhaust.

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

the bike belongs to TT member Swatdoc.

you should see his YZF he has as a stablemate, check his

garage

the bike belongs to TT member Swatdoc.

you should see his YZF he has as a stablemate, check his

garage

Yeah!!! he proably has some pretty sick bikes!

Yep, battery has been behind the left side panel since day one. Dual exhaust like in that picture won't work either without relocating the battery.

yeah i was looking at one on the internet an saw that it was right there bolted to the sub. If i was going to do it i would relocate it, shouldnt be that difficult.

OK question, is there any room under the seat? or were else would some one relocate a battery.

You could remove the battery and go kick start only. Not a whole lot of room to relocate it to.

You could remove the battery and go kick start only. Not a whole lot of room to relocate it to.

ok so if i did remove the battery the stator will give the blikers power, brake light ect. when running? like you said i just would have to kick it.