Sign in to follow this  

Bike is Done! ...for now

I purchased my 2001 KLX300 in December. I have been working on it since and it is finally done, then again, it is not really. I do not think it will ever be DONE, continuing to work on them is part of the fun. In addition to all of the "maintenance stuff", I have done all of the free mods and some of the not-so free mods i.e. header, acr mod(thanks Brewster, works great), valve adjust, dynojet, idler gear, sprocket size, shifter fix, air box, air filter, case breather, etc. One disadvantage of my approach is I cannot tell how much of difference all of the mods have made in regards to performance. When I purchased the bike, I rode it up and down the guys street and then took it home and immediately tore it apart and began working on it. So unfortunately, I had not ridden it enough before to be able to compare it to now. Once it was put back together, I was nervous it would not fire up, but amazingly it started on the first kick! It is running great. I want to say thanks to everyone that has contributed to the KLX forum, as well as Planet KLX. The information has been super helpful!

Cam

DBPic2.jpg

DBPic3.jpg

The shroud logo I found on e-bay, it was smaller than I wanted, so the guy made me one. I then bought a sheet of black exterior vinyl from a local sign company and used it to make the "triangle shapes". I also used the sheet vinyl to create the number backgrounds.

The rims, hubs, and foot pegs I had powder coated black. I also had the shifter, foot brake, kick starter, and kick stand powder coated silver.

Cam