Sign in to follow this  

for real?

me and my boys went riding last weekend and they needed gas so we stopped so they could get some. well one of them is big into go cart racing and has an octane checker thing for his gas. so they get gas (93) and he's like what the hell and whips it out and checks it...its shows 87...so we're like what the hell? then he gets a little bit of 89...it shows 87. so we're like man something is messed up with your checker so he checks mine...and its 110 and the thing reads 110 clear as day. So the gas station is charging people for 93 and 89 and they are all 87. Just blows my mind this happens.

It does happen, unfortunately. You should file a quick report with the BBB.

Another possible explanation exists. It's my understanding that there is a blending process within the pump to create the different octanes (say, 95 octane and 87 octane are all that actually exists in the tanks underground, certain ratios mix to create the mid grades). Maybe the high octane tank is empty, thus no blending. Still could be intentional, I suppose.

Call the California Dept. of Weights and Measures...report this please...I believe they handle this kind of fraud.

it could be that the person befor you got 87 and the 87 was left in the hose. i would bet that there is a gallon left in the hose befor the 93 comes out.

just a thought