Sign in to follow this  

to Rekluse or not

Background is that I come from 4 stroke experience. Used to lugging a bike/quad a bit. Well I just bought a 03 CR250R at a fair price. Looked like fun since I sold my WR426F a while back. I know I will have a new riding style learn but wanted to gets folks opinion on if I should install a Rekluse or not. I will trail ride 90% of the time. I almost put one on my 426 but never thought about it for a 2 stroke. Does it work well and does it effectively use the power the engine provides?

Thanks,

Aaron

I was wondering the same thing. It sounds like it would be great hearing it from all the 4-stroke riders, but I'd like to hear it from a 2-smokers mouth.

I own a Service Honda 500AF and an 07 CRF250R, both of them have rekluse pro clutches and to be completely honest I think I would rather get rid of my brakes then my rekluse. Having both of them, I would say that it is even better on a 2 stroke {what isn't?} mainly because it levels out some of the hit and jetting isn't as crucial. I cannot remember ever killing the 5 even when grenading the brakes. As a side note, I have 146 hours on the rekluse on the 5 and I adjusted it at 135 hours, still no problems. Rekluse recommends Shell Rotella T to use for oil and that is all that I have used in both bikes.

I ride mine all day long using only 3rd or 4th gear. Let the a/c do all the clutch slip, from stop to start, in the tightest, nasties, rock infested stuff out there, ... shifting not required.:) & NO STALLING...all these benefits are well worth it to me.

Here's my Pro getting installed...DIY...

reklusePro.jpg

The pro can go up to 100 hrs w/out needing an adjustment, whereas the regular zstart needs adjustments every 30 hrs, it seems. I've got 50 hrs on my Pro, and it feels just like the day I put it in.

Non-believers will call you a sissy but that's about the only side effect. I REALLY brings out the torque in my motor. I only ride trails on a YZ250 and would go without sex before giving up my Rekluse Pro. :)

No need to buy a trials tire with the Rekluse like so many others declare is a must for mountain trails. Chug a lug right along and have significantly less wheel spin. :banghead:

So many people stand behind them and give testimonials swearing to how great they are. I would do it myself if I had the money to drop one in. I say go for it.

I have a regular Rekluse in my "01". They never made a PRO model for it. In fact Rekluse does'nt make anything for a 250 or a 125 thru 01. Only available for 02 and newer.I guess I better take care of it.

So, let me ask you guys how is shifting on and off the throttle?

Do you still pull the C lever in ?

I'd like to hear more riding impressions, I have been thinking about one for a while but I don't know if I'm ready to give up control of the clutch.

we are over a lot of logs some that are suspended a couple of feet off the ground, so clutch use is very important...lot's of lofting the front end.

The only negative thing I read is how it reacts on hills, meaning if you stall the bike will free wheel backwards in gear...but that's not a big deal for me.

Thanks so much for the input everyone. This is exactly the input I was looking for. I am pulling the trigger. ....Now where is that TT store. :-)

I have the Pro-Z for my '02, bought it based on forum reads/reviews, but what pushed me over the edge was going for a ride with a guy who had one on a CRF450.

I bought mine direct from Rekluse, those guys get 5 stars for customer service, very friendly, helpful and quick on the shipping. I likely would have bought from TT if I knew they offered them.

I plan on installing the kit before my next ride, I can't wait to try it.

So, let me ask you guys how is shifting on and off the throttle?

Do you still pull the C lever in ?

I'd like to hear more riding impressions, I have been thinking about one for a while but I don't know if I'm ready to give up control of the clutch.

we are over a lot of logs some that are suspended a couple of feet off the ground, so clutch use is very important...lot's of lofting the front end.

The only negative thing I read is how it reacts on hills, meaning if you stall the bike will free wheel backwards in gear...but that's not a big deal for me.

1. if this situation occurs (stall on a hill) use your brakes and/or position the bike perpendicular to the slope if possible.

2. Rekluse Pro gives you a clutch lever to use to wheelie over obstacles.

3. normal shifts do not require a clutch lever (up or down)