First time hittin the trails on the R.M.

Went on about a 3 hour ride yesterday. I gotta admit I love this bike. The previous owner has the suspension set up nice and soft. The only other thing it has is a set of protaper bars and a PC platinum 2 pipe. The bike performed so well. I love the way it handles. It took me a while to get used to how easy it stalls compared to my YZ. The only thing that I don't like about the bike is the clutch engagement. It is not very smooth, and it makes it hard to feather the clutch when you need to. I love the power band hit so much that I have decided not to put a flywheel weight on it. It really surprised me how well it lugged with that pipe and no flywheel weight. My buddies said they loved the smell of my premix oil. I told them I couldn't smell theirs, I was too far in front of them. ?

I've got the '02 and love it too, in fact I raced it in my first harescramble in southern Ohio last Saturday. As of 2 days ago I got the PC platinum and I agree, it does indeed boost the bottom and mid. I've got power reeds and some carb/head work done as well and it pulls solid all the way through.

The flywheel weight made a difference for me in the tight stuff for stalling and when its slippery (particularly them hills). I like the hit, too, but sometimes having that xtra flywheel mass gets you out of a bind.

Where at in KY are you at?

I own an rmx250 and an rm250, and wouldn't think of riding either in the other application. If your suspension is set up thats a great start, but just from my perpective the flywheel weight on my rmx doesn't mess up the hit at all just makes it not want to spin the rear wheel near as much on the lower to mid. The top end on the rmx still screams though.

The flywheel weight on my rmx makes me not have to use the clutch as much. Although the clutch is easier to enage on the rmx than the rm for whatever reason.