Sign in to follow this  

Riding at Buffalo now?

I know they're closed, but I also know that it would be very easy to sneak in and ride there. People have been riding "out of bounds" out there and into Unimin forever and I don't see how them closing is going to change anything.

If anything, it might be easier now since no one will be out there like Sam or the guys that worked there checking vehicles for tags or telling people to stay in bounds.

Just sayin'....

I have a friend close that lets us park, so it's easy. Just make sure to pay attention when you leave not to p.o. the neighbor.

Hell we rode there and parked at the plant on sundays no one is around no one cares, along the train tracks, and boom your in.

pretty easy, best riding is west of the park anyway.... need to have quiet machines that helps to.

this time of the year its great. NO bugs and with the sand plants cutting back on personel now its a great time to ride. And I agree you can't beat free riding.

I've never done it, but after thinking about it, there's just too many places for you to run and hide and too many easily accessible entrance points for anyone to do too much about it.

Maybe Unimim will put up another stop sign in the trails, that sure stopped us when the park was open! :)

The Illinois Valley has some great places to ride: BR, Bailey Falls, 30ft. I spoke to some riders last night that rode at BR a couple of day's ago and their going again this weekend. There is no one to stop you.

Matt are you saying you are riding trails?

Well if I'm going to Buffalo, I could ride the track backwards now!

The Illinois Valley has some great places to ride: BR, Bailey Falls, 30ft. I spoke to some riders last night that rode at BR a couple of day's ago and their going again this weekend. There is no one to stop you.

There is one thing to stop you! Rumor has it that bigfoot occupies those parts. If you ride 4 strokes there it is rumored that the sasquatch drops in on u from a tree and makes you his toy for the day. True story.

Well if I'm going to Buffalo, I could ride the track backwards now!

Screw that track we need to ride right up to the sand and make sand castles.

Good thing I have a 2 stroke. Hopefully I can out run him.........

stealth. can find what you can't hear!!!

LOL.

I heard someone already broke into the tower and stole a bunch of things. I sure hate to leave any equipment down there.

Ya well I am sure that the CLOSING of BR will not stop the hardcore riders from riding there.

If you ask me, who here is not in love with this sport and Buffalo Range enough to want to take a risk riding there at least a few times.

BR is closed but not abandoned and certainly not forgotten. People have ridden there for years before it was a park whats going to stop them now?

Then I am good to go... If I run into bigfoot I will point him towards atv's....

Maybe I will see some of you tonight riding....

I actually just heard that the BR bigfoot is actually some hippy that went away to live amongst the wild back in the late 80's. He is very tall, hairy and smelly.

It is rumored that he loves the movie Deliverance and likes to act out scenes with unexpected trespassers of the forest. Stay out of his way!

stealth. can find what you can't hear!!!

LOL.

I heard someone already broke into the tower and stole a bunch of things. I sure hate to leave any equipment down there.

I never thought about that, even people that don't ride will probably be snooping around out there now that it's abandoned. I'm sure the neighbors will love that....I hope Unimin is ready for some phone calls from them demanding all sorts of things!

Well I talked to some guys about going out there for a farewell. I'll miss that place even though it would roach a rear tire fast on the MX track. It would be cool to have the track to myself without all the gooons to get in my way or cut the track and and almost take me out. You better be carefull though if you waded up out there by yourself it would make for a painfull ride back off property.:)