2009 TXC450 vs TE450

I am looking for some Husky brother advice. First I will give you little info on myself. I have been racing Husky TE450's for the last 4 race seasons. I am currently racing my 06 TE450(my third TE) and love it. I am an average "A" level rider in my state harescramble series and enduro circuit. Most of our races are single track and I hardly ever have to race out of third gear except for field blasts. I know the 09 TE is fuel injected and the TXC isn't. Honestly, I don't need the FI. What I love about my TE is that it will crawl up about anything but still rip in the field blasts. Plus, it is super smooth in the long races. My concern with the TXC is all that. Is it as smooth, will it crawl, does it have the same flywheel, and is the suspension too much like moto settings? I guess what I am asking will the TXC be more TE than TC? The other reason for this is, the TXC is less money. I don't need the lights nor the street legal stuff. Thanks for any replies.

the o6 models are really hard to beat, maybe if you really like the one you got, you could save some money and just freshin it up a bit and run it another season ? you know what you got but dont all ways know what your gettin ! the new ones are pretty. you can get red plastic to make it look newer. but what ever you decide they are all nice.?

The flywheel is no where near being the same. Jeff Tasky had one off a TXC and said the TE one was almost twice the weight! I heard the TXC is smooth, but snappy and maybe a throttle cam would help. MY 2008 TE 450 is very smooth! The suspension is more plush on a TE as well.

My wife and I both had 06 TE510s and now have 08 TXC450s. The TXC's are better for what you are doing. The stock Txc suspension is better out of the box than my revalved TE. It steers better, feels 20lbs lighter and who really needs all that switch gear and extra wiring. As far as the FI goes I still believe that a properly jetted carb is as good so far. Buy the TXC you will never look back.

I have the TXC450 and have ridden lots of TE's. The TXC is more racy and a much better platform than the TE for a A level racer IMHO. Lighter, faster, less crap on it etc. Plus it has the twin chamber forks which are an upgrade to the standard 50's on the TE but may need revalved. It is not violent, very EZ to manage and can be lugged around anywhere.

IMHO the 09 TXC450 would be a huge step up over a 06 TE450 for racing.

Thanks Ride and everyone. I think I am going to have to go with the TXC just don't tell my beloved TE450, she get's alittle jealous. The funny thing is, the only thing I really am going to miss is a kickstand....I know, sounds stupid, but my TE is the first race bike I ever had that I left the kickstand on it(because it tucked away so awesome) that I really will miss it. Thanks again everyone.

Wow probably the first compliment on the Husky kickstand!

Good luck on the TXC then Chili, it does sound like the way to go. I know how torn you are as I still love my '06 TE450!

Jeff

Thanks Ride and everyone. I think I am going to have to go with the TXC just don't tell my beloved TE450, she get's alittle jealous. The funny thing is, the only thing I really am going to miss is a kickstand....I know, sounds stupid, but my TE is the first race bike I ever had that I left the kickstand on it(because it tucked away so awesome) that I really will miss it. Thanks again everyone.

I know, sounds stupid, but my TE is the first race bike I ever had that I left the kickstand on it(because it tucked away so awesome) that I really will miss it. Thanks again everyone.

TXC kickstand for ya! Just confirm that it isn't shipped by some punk that can't remember squat ?

I concur with Ride's comments on the TXC vs. the TE. I had a TE and now own a TXc and believe it's what your after.

Hey Jeff I have been meaning to try and run you down. I figured you would be perfect for this question. I know yours is a TXC but have you done anything to it to make it run like a TE or is good as it goes. I figured you had no trouble at the 100 miler so it obviously worked for you. By the way that was big fun, can't wait untill next year, your coming aren't you?

Is the TXC dead? I don't see it on the Husky website anymore.

Thats a European site. They really need to get off there butts and fix all that.

09 TXc450 as seen at Taskys (sexy beasts)...

461087097_HmTUg-L.jpg