Sign in to follow this  

hybrid yz 450 supermoto

I bought a supermoto that is a 03 yz450f frame, 06 yz450f top end and a wr450f bottem end. It had a sputter at a constant speed and read on here to unplug the TPS. It ran better unpluged but still has a miss. After some research if found out it has a 01 yz426f carb. with 162 main, 42 pilot, and EJP needle at 3rd posistion. Any recomendations for a good jetting set up for a hybrid supermoto.

There is nothing wrong with that jetting combo, there are other factors, looking at the carb from the rear with gas in it, when you twist;

1st does the AC pump squirt?

2nd when you look in the right of the two air jet holes at the bottom do you see gas bubbleing when you twist?? If so we have a leaking center seal, the seal was made from a rubber that is not compatable with the additives that have gone into gas in the past couple years, about that year Kehein switched to a Viton rubber product to fix this, 2001 was the last year of that carb, they can run good, I do carb & head work mostly for KTM & Husky guys, KTM had that carb in 2002 also and we have been upgrading them to the new rubber regularly. I bought all of Keheins new rubber pieces that they had in the US and have 7 left, when gone its new carb time

3rd, how long after you twist does it squirt for?