*excel rant* BIG pics included

ok so went out to cal city last weekend and coming back from a 4 hour ride on a fire road when my bike juddered as if i was out of gas....so i looked in and still had some put it in gear and.....nothing ? my buddy gives me the kill it sign and says looks at your sprocket...and this is what i saw

IMG00073-20090312-1102.jpg

IMG00071-20090312-1101.jpg

h.jpg

IMG00070-20090312-1057.jpg

the carrier has 8 bolts that conected the sprocket to the hub and as you can see all 8 of them snaped off when i was 5th pinned... so i shot them an email and i got a reply the next day saying please call this number and we can talk... so the guy at excel says the best i can do is give you a discount if you send pics... so i sent pics (the same ones your looking at) and a week has gone by and nothing yet... this is bull sh*t if you ask me isnt excel one of the biggest...if not the biggest name in rims and hubs....the guys even admited this problem has happened! and they cant be man enough and replace poor engineering....ok rants over :banghead:

I have a couple sets of those for sm use. I believe the directions state buying new bolts when doing swaps due to bolt stretch,etc.. Seems a bit ridiculous and I've re-used my bolts a couple times now. After seeing those pics, I may order a couple new sets just for insurance.

ok so went out to cal city last weekend and coming back from a 4 hour ride on a fire road when my bike juddered as if i was out of gas....so i looked in and still had some put it in gear and.....nothing ? my buddy gives me the kill it sign and says looks at your sprocket...and this is what i saw

IMG00073-20090312-1102.jpg

IMG00071-20090312-1101.jpg

h.jpg

IMG00070-20090312-1057.jpg

the carrier has 8 bolts that conected the sprocket to the hub and as you can see all 8 of them snaped off when i was 5th pinned... so i shot them an email and i got a reply the next day saying please call this number and we can talk... so the guy at excel says the best i can do is give you a discount if you send pics... so i sent pics (the same ones your looking at) and a week has gone by and nothing yet... this is bull sh*t if you ask me isnt excel one of the biggest...if not the biggest name in rims and hubs....the guys even admited this problem has happened! and they cant be man enough and replace poor engineering....ok rants over :banghead:

Looks like the bolts in the 12 and 1 O'clock position have dark grey around the fracture instead of being shiny. If they and other bolts do that means they have previously cracked and when the remaining good bolts could'nt take the stress they all sheared.

It's possible you got a bad batch of bolts, Excel should be on top of this one for sure. Can you imagine doing a 4rth gear jump and that happened? Good idea to replace them every few rides...

yeah i was with some seasoned riders (30 + years under their belts) and they all were in shock.... one thing is for sure though if excel cant step up its going to be a bad rep for them...and you can bet im not going with them agian... like norcal suggested... im probablly guna get some talon hubs... what a bust though

Awesome! Well...not for you, but that's awesome. Hopefully Excel stands behind their stuff, but either way, that's one hell of a piece of wall candy. No biker could look at that and not ask: "What the hell happened here?" Make any story you want, after seeing that, they'll believe anything.

...Well, I was trying to perfect the 100HP 450cc, when all of a sudden...

as for a story iv thoought of a thousand hahah its already mounted on a wall in garage... and excel sells the pro line (includes rim spokes and hub) all asembled... no after market hub can beat the stock one as far as strength is concerned... honda did i good job of engineering thier stuff. we run into problems when we put all our aftermarket flashy crap on it lol...but hey it looks good right? untill it breaks.