Sign in to follow this  

2009 kx250f

I am buying a new bike with in a few weeks. I started out with an 04 kx250f and it was the worst bike i have ever bought, i wiped the motor twice with no more then 30 hours on the machine. After that i bought an 06 yz250f, the bike was great it has lasted 3 years of abuse at a top b racing level it is very durable but after riding a few of the newer bikes, it is clear that it just doesnt perform as well. From what i am told all the new 250f bikes are great just a pick a color and go, how ever after what i went through with the 04 i am nervous with the durability of the kawi. It is between the 09 honda kawi and yami, i am headin towards the kawi i just need to see how durable it is. Any information on any one of these bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

nick

go wit hthe crf ive owned a kawi and there nothing but junk

Yeah, that sums it up:bonk:

You really covered all the angles.

No need to argue, it´s such a valid point.

They blow up in minutes, CRF´s last forever.

The KXF is just a turd in a fancy wrapper.

Wiki says:

""Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

353px-BergenTroll2006.jpg

• Like 1

I appreciate your complex and informative reply, but would anyone care to fill me in with helpful information? Also i can't help but notice more smoking hondas being pushed by a frustrated rider.

DK- I see you have an 09 Kawi, whats your opinion..PROS/CONS

thanks

I would say that the KXF is very reliable.

I haven´t ridden the -09 yet, first ride will be this saturday.

But the -09 is supposed to be better suspended, lighter and more powerful than previous models.

I used to have an -07 KXF that I bought new. I had it for 76 hours.

The only things I did to it was a piston and cam chain at 45 hours. It was not needd though, all parts were in spec.

After two seasons and 76 hours the engine was still on original valves, clutch and everything else.

The bike always started very easily, even in gear, hot or cold.

So all the major parts held up really good.

The minor things that I had to replace was the clutch and throttle cables. And brake pads and tires.

The original Nissin rear brake pads lasted an entire season, and I´m somewhat of a brake dragger. The discs weren´t hardly even worn after two seasons, and yet the braking performance was as good as the next.

And the hotstart plunger seized in the carb at one time, but I never lubed it before it stuck either, so maybe that was my fault...

Many people (in this forum) have well over 100 hours on their bikes and still running strong.

The -09 has updated parts everywhere, the fork tube coating, and a new shifting system that is supposed to ensure smoother shifts.

MXA for instance has always bagged a bit on KXF shifting, but in this years shootout they called it "seamless".

The KXF also does not have a problem with bogging like some others do.

Here is what an -09 could look like:

IMG_1452.jpg

SDC10106.jpg

Hey, thanks alot i appreciate it. The bike is so sexy it is worth buying and just letting it sit there. I think i have made my decision to go with the kawi.

i saw your posts from when you tore the bike down, i like the close up angles on how the bike is built, that made me a bit more comfortable. thanks again,

keep my updated on how you like the thing

Hey, thanks alot i appreciate it. The bike is so sexy it is worth buying and just letting it sit there. I think i have made my decision to go with the kawi.

i saw your posts from when you tore the bike down, i like the close up angles on how the bike is built, that made me a bit more comfortable. thanks again,

keep my updated on how you like the thing

I have several threads with close-ups if you are interested:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738086&highlight=

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731291&highlight=

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713727&highlight=

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702331&highlight=

i have a 2009 monster edition kx250f.. here is my summary of the machine.

power: needs more down low but just absolutely rips thru the mid and upper rpm range. i am going to change my gearing to cure the down low problem.

handling: i am 5' 11" 185 lbs and its next to perfect from the factory. its rips thru the corners and doesnt feel like its gonna come out from under me at all.

The only issue i had with the bike was starting it, but it was me not doing it right. Once i got it figured out, the bike starts on the first or 2nd kick every time now..

if you have the chance to get one.. do it... you will love it. i sold my 2 stroke 250 for this and dont regret it at all.

They say the Kawi is big, but I need tall handlebars... I´m 183 cm tall. Around 6 feet, maybe 6,1.

i dont feel like the bike is too big. its actually shorter then my rm250 was.

Pictures don´t lie, lol, but I look kinda big compared to the bike in this pic:

IMG_0672.jpg

hey dk im about your size but im prolly way lighter than you. Was the 07 suspension good for you stock? im about 145 pounds and 6 feet tall and i have the clickers on the team pc settings. They were at whatever the last guy had them and i havent ridden it yet but i prolly will tommorow.its much stiffer now

i HAD AN 07 WITH OVER 100 HOURS NEVER HAD ONE MACHANICAL PROBLEM AND VALVES NEVER WENT OUT GREAT RELIABILITY IMO. I NOW HAVE AN 09 AFTER MODING THE CARB AND PROPER JETTING BEST 250F MOTOR EVER!!!!! I HAVE BEEN RIDING A FEW 08 AND 09 CRF250F AND LOVE THE WAY THEY HANDLE THEY ARE MUCH EASYER TO RIDE AND I FEEL REAL COMFORTABLE ON THEM. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH EITHER BIKE, BUT TO ANSEWER YOUR QUSTION THE NEW KAW ARE BULIT PROOF IMO,THAT IS ONE REASON I BOUGHT IT.

Pictures don´t lie, lol, but I look kinda big compared to the bike in this pic:

IMG_0672.jpg

I know this is off topic but how did you like the PC slip-on on your 07?

Yeah, that sums it up:bonk:

You really covered all the angles.

No need to argue, it´s such a valid point.

They blow up in minutes, CRF´s last forever.

The KXF is just a turd in a fancy wrapper.

Wiki says:

""Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

353px-BergenTroll2006.jpg

Hahahaha give this man a beer :):banghead:

I know this is off topic but how did you like the PC slip-on on your 07?

I liked how it looked, but I never noticed anything else. It sounded about the same, ran the same as before...

But I had to raise the needle one clip position.

Maybe because the PC had a considerably bigger hole straight through it it needed more gas, but I didn´t notice any power gains.

I removed it and sold it after a season.

I would go for the cheaper T4 if I get a new one again...