Sign in to follow this  

Quick question

my bike is really hard to start but once i get it started and warmed up it will start first kick after that. ( i have been bumpstarting it lately because it takes a while to start). So could this still mean that it is a valve issue? i checked them not to long ago and they were fine. but since it starts after its warm does that mean no valve problems?

I find its easier to start the next day or next weekend if I let it run out of fuel before loading up. Then its 3 twists of the throttle then 1 or 2 kicks next time I crank it. I only have that problem when I don't let it run dry before parking.

my question is could it still be a valve issue eventough that it will start fine after its warm.

Question is : do you need to use the hot start when your bike is warm (hot)? If not, then the bike is too lean hence no need of the hot start. So, the answer to your question is : Jetting! The bike won't start when cold because you need to richen it up: try one size up to the PJ (up 45 from 42). Is this your first ride of the year since last year? If yes, how is the weather compared to your last ride (assuming that the bike was starting fine when cold with choke)? If temperature is colder now, it makes all sense …. Go up on PJ (or at least, open fuel screw).

i usually do use the hotstart after i have been riding for about 30 good hard minutes. The last time i rode was right before winter when it was around 60 degrees or higher, and it started about the 5 or 6th kick. And i just got my carb back from tokyo mods which made the backfiring go away, and most of the bog. Should i call tem and ask which jet they changed and what they changed it to? because they did send me one the jets back idk which one it is and what size they put in.

how can i tell if my bike is running lean? do i unscrew the fuel screw a little to make it richer? and also do i have to turn the fuel screw when the bike is on and ideling or can i do it when it is off?