Sign in to follow this  

DRZ-400S Problem - NEED HELP PLEASE!

I have a 2006 DRZ-400S with 10,000 miles. The past few months, I have noticed a sqeaking noise coming from the front sprocket(countershaft sprocket??). It has slowly become louder and louder.

So...I have begun worrying. Also, my chain has been stretching rather quickly, and my top speed has been reduced by 5-10 mph.

If I turn the bike OFF and run it down a hill in NEUTRAL, the noise is the same. is it a worn bearing? or a bent countershaft???

:)

unless you're 100% postitive it's coming from the ssprocket, check the lower chain roller.

if it is the sprocket, make sure the nut is tight & make sure your chain is running straight.

unless you're 100% postitive it's coming from the ssprocket, check the lower chain roller.

if it is the sprocket, make sure the nut is tight & make sure your chain is running straight.

+1 on the lower chain roller. Had me scratching my head for weeks. :) DOH!!

thanks for the info.

- I checked the the sprocket, it is tight.

- the lower chain roller is in good shape

- and the chain looks well-aligned

I always keep the chain well-lubed, but maybe the chain is squeaking.

has anybody had any problems with a squeaky chain??? or their chain stretching too quickly???

I'm afraid to get the countershaft bearings replaced, because I heard the mechanics have to pull the engine out of the bike. that sounds like lots of

$$$$$

I went through an episode recently dealing with noise similar to this, was driving me crazy...check rollers, check CS Sprocket, back sprocket...in the end needed new chain and a little lube...it was chain slap against the swing arm...

try it...