Sign in to follow this  

which would be faster?

Ok so my friend thinks his bone stock 2000 YZ250 could spank my 2001 CR250 with modified head(205 psi compression), FMF SST, FMF Shorty, and carbon fiber reeds. His bike doesn't run right now but he claims if he puts a fresh top-end in it he will run all over me. He doesn't really ride just whip it up the street and parks it and he doesn't know squat about bikes so he thinks this bike has naturally insane power since he has never ridden with other people so has nothing to compare it to. What do you all think?

Line up on a track for a 20 minute moto and find out.

Buying a MX bike to race WOT on the road is just gay. Neither bike will top 80mph, and they aren't designed for that. Its like entering a Ferrari in a mud bog race.

I think if his bike has the blue powerband and race-tech muffler bearings, he'll spank your booty like a basque llama-herder at the stanley cup finals.

Line up on a track for a 20 minute moto and find out.

Buying a MX bike to race WOT on the road is just gay. Neither bike will top 80mph, and they aren't designed for that. Its like entering a Ferrari in a mud bog race.

Yeah I know it's not about top speed at all I rarely get out of 2nd gear in my woods. But, if I get enough people on here to just say which would be faster I can shut him up.

I think if his bike has the blue powerband and race-tech muffler bearings, he'll spank your booty like a basque llama-herder at the stanley cup finals.

Wrong :banghead:

The green powerband has more grunt which will make you faster. The increase in torque makes a llama herder into a bull fighter. :)

HA you guys are funny.....lol can you just give me a straight answer?:)

you should own him like none other! he prolly doesnt even know how to ride off road

and +1 on the green powerband everybody knows it makes more power lol

It all comes down to gearing when gooning it up on the road. Just print this thread and show it to him, assuming he can read. Does he ride the short bus, because most kiddies are done with this type of BS by grade 6.

HA you guys are funny.....lol can you just give me a straight answer?:)

I would say the rider would determine who wins.

The one with the better rider will win...

I'm talking about in a straight line race which would win.

Equal rider ability, both bikes running at top performance, both bikes geared somewhat close, your bike should win hands down.

What are the chances he would actually line up against you though for a race? Maybe he is just yankin your chain to get you all worked up?

Good Luck :)

Roost him for us if you do get to race:ride:

well since his bike doesn't run...I'd say you already won. This post, and any talk about which one is faster is completely pointless until you actually race FOR REAL...IMHO the kid is a douche rocket for even talking garb when his bike doesn't even work.

ahahaha typical yamaha doesnt run. i have an 01 cr250 too.

id say depends on the rider but you should win.