does a 250 2 stroke have enough power for 1 of those new snow tracks

hey guys

I was wondering if any body knows anything about those new tracks u can put on ur bike. i have a 03 yz 250 two stroke and im thinking about getting 1 for 3000 grand. but im worried i will burn out my bike. iheard u need at least a 450 . does any body know if this is true.

Any input would be appreciated

thanx

Yeah, i'm thinking a big bore 4t would be best. You might could pull it off with a tricked out 2 stroke geared and tuned for torque. Maybe a kx500... Yummmy. Wheelies on the snow tracks!!! ? I don't know, but I have a great time just watching those things run on youtube! lol.

J.

we have a cr 500 in a rm125 frame with nitrous. got to hit the nitrous yesterday and it still couldnt keep up with my 450 ?. we didnt realize until after we were done riding that the bottle was only turned on 1/4 of the way though.

but I wonder if a snow track will fit in the rm125 frame?

gravel with a knobbie and a 500 on the bottle.. there is no such thing as hook up.. you might as well just put a street slick on that thing :banghead:

if you can get a 500 to hook up and someone capable of riding all that power it will beat the 450.. problem is getting it to hook up. ?

gravel with a knobbie and a 500 on the bottle.. there is no such thing as hook up.. you might as well just put a street slick on that thing :banghead:

if you can get a 500 to hook up and someone capable of riding all that power it will beat the 450.. problem is getting it to hook up. ?

I guess well see this weekend wont we? I will film it.

What an odd assumption that a two stroke won't have the power to move a snow machine track. Last I checked, any good sled came with a two stroke motor....... ?

Tru dat. But a 2 stroke sled is a different animal than a 2 stroke bike. Most of those 2t sled engines are HUGE compared to a 2t 250 engine. 600cc, 800cc. And many of them are rotax type engines too. There's a lot more torque to be had from that setup.

Tru dat. But a 2 stroke sled is a different animal than a 2 stroke bike. Most of those 2t sled engines are HUGE compared to a 2t 250 engine. 600cc, 800cc. And many of them are rotax type engines too. There's a lot more torque to be had from that setup.

That is true but they also have a TON more weight to pull as well. The tracks on those sleds also have way more rolling resistance than a sno-bike. Just sayin'

That is true but they also have a TON more weight to pull as well. The tracks on those sleds also have way more rolling resistance than a sno-bike. Just sayin'

well ive seen about 10 bikes with tracks on them. all 10 of them have been 4t, what does that go to tell ya?

I think its pretty obvious that the tracks wont work good on a 2t. do they even make tracks that will specifically fit on 2 stokes?

hey guys

I was wondering if any body knows anything about those new tracks u can put on ur bike. i have a 03 yz 250 two stroke and im thinking about getting 1 for 3000 grand. but im worried i will burn out my bike. iheard u need at least a 450 . does any body know if this is true.

Any input would be appreciated

thanx

Thats 3,000,000!

Hahaha ?

well ive seen about 10 bikes with tracks on them. all 10 of them have been 4t, what does that go to tell ya?

I think its pretty obvious that the tracks wont work good on a 2t. do they even make tracks that will specifically fit on 2 stokes?

Not to sound argumentative but the whole rear wheel assembly of a '08 YZ450F with swingarm, shock linkage, hub, axle spacers, axle, chain guide, etc. is the same as the '08 YZ250. Of course in '09 that linkage evolved into a new design on the F whereas the smoker's did not. :banghead:

So, if a '08 YZ450F can get outfitted for a sno bike conversion, a YZ250 from the same year could too. ?:banghead: