Sign in to follow this  

Looking at a new SSR

Hello everyone,

I will start with a brief intro...I am 20 years old, about 6' high and weigh around 170 lbs. I have never ridden a dirt bike aside from my little brothers XR50 last weekend and I absolutely loved it. I liked how I could toss the bike in the back of my truck without needing any sort of extravagant hold down setup and how I am easy to have a fun time on small stuff because of the smaller tires.

I don't want to break his bike and from my understanding the suspension is only meant for a 70lb rider so jumping it is definitely out of the question. However, I do want a bike of my own now but I want to spend around $600-$850. I have read a lot in the past week and have pretty much narrowed it down to one of two SSR bikes.

The C4:

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SSR125_C4_Pit_Bike_p/ssr125-c4-06.htm

The C1:

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SSR125_C3_Pit_Bike_p/ssr125-c1.htm

I really do not know the difference between the two bikes aside from the obvious tire size change. I am looking for a bike I can have fun on, is 125cc's, hit some small jumps (maybe a couple/few feet high complete with a landing as to help cushion), and also something that won't break on me within a year.

I am looking for some help with someone who knows a little more about either or both of these bikes than I do. Maybe someone with personal experience so that they can either suggest it or warn me about potential hazards.

If you do not have any personal experience with either of these bikes, please feel free to suggest me a new bike that fits my criteria but please keep it below $900, I am already stretching that enough.

Thank you for reading!

If your loking in the 900.00 range I suggest the E2/E4 blow out model we have. As the models you selected are decent the blowout model we have is better and comes with the inverted adjustable front suspension. Let me know if we can help.

I haven't been following the pitbike site for about a year now and I'm sure things have improved. A year ago Staggs was not steering people wrong so their recommendation is probably best. I am 6' 190 and although a better rear shock would be nice, my C4 with a few personal mods has held up well. If you have specific questions, just ask.

If your loking in the 900.00 range I suggest the E2/E4 blow out model we have. As the models you selected are decent the blowout model we have is better and comes with the inverted adjustable front suspension. Let me know if we can help.

I like the E2-4, what more can you tell me about it?

My friend just got a Thumpstar, lowest model they sell, will this bike be able to keep up with it well speed wise? It claims to have somewhere around 9.4hp out of its 124cc.

Also, I know stuff is going to break it is inevitable. So long as it isn't something huge like the frame, swing arm, fork or engine. Do you have customers or have you seen people break any of these "big" parts?

I don't know what bike this kid was riding but on youtube he snapped the frame in half jumping it and I've seen some pictures of frames getting cracked around various welds. What material is the frame?

If the bike lasts me a few/couple years I will be happy, if it lasts me less than a year I will be pretty upset but I hear people beat these and they last so I am optimistic.

Thank you!

I like the E2-4, what more can you tell me about it?

My friend just got a Thumpstar, lowest model they sell, will this bike be able to keep up with it well speed wise? It claims to have somewhere around 9.4hp out of its 124cc.

Also, I know stuff is going to break it is inevitable. So long as it isn't something huge like the frame, swing arm, fork or engine. Do you have customers or have you seen people break any of these "big" parts?

I don't know what bike this kid was riding but on youtube he snapped the frame in half jumping it and I've seen some pictures of frames getting cracked around various welds. What material is the frame?

If the bike lasts me a few/couple years I will be happy, if it lasts me less than a year I will be pretty upset but I hear people beat these and they last so I am optimistic.

Thank you!

Well thumpstar's hp rating is alittle high but the hp will be the same on both motors. On the blowout model forks,frame and engines etc have been doing well. There have been a few customers with leaking fork seals but these are just like a big bike dirt can get into seals and cause them to fail its a normal issue on motorcross bikes in general. That video on youtube is not the same bike or frame quality and that bike on youtube falls into a catagory of the ones that shouldn't be sold. The bike will last as good as you take care of it. Go through the bike when you get it, loctite is your friend. Change the oil right away and on a routine basis.Tighten the spokes frequently. If you just buy the bike and beat it with no care of course it won't last. Take care of it and if will hold up well. Let me know if you have any other questions. The one thing on the blowout model is down the road you should consider a new shock. As far as parts we have everything and if we don't have it we can get it no problem. SSR's wherehouse is the bigest of any importer I know of and stacked full with parts.

let me know if you have any other questions.

That sounds like what I am going to do. How long is the blowout sale for? I would assume till they are out of stock but can you give me an estimation?

I am waiting for my taxes to come back in the mail and then my order will be placed.

Thanks.

yeah till there gone. theres 10 left and blue only

You have a PM.

I have a 90r and it's a great little bike. No clutch but runs with 125's. Will do 2nd gear wheelies easily. It's a really fun little bike.