Sign in to follow this  

Japanese front and rear fenders

I got my white fenders from Forest over at Wheeling cycle supply.

Took about 3 weeks to get them.. but these are the front and rear fender they put on the Japanese version of the XR400 SM

The front fender is shaped pretty much just like a CRF450 fender but its a little wider, also... its shorter in the back and just slightly clears the frame.

The rear fender .. whell is pointy and not curved down like the stock one...

misc_pics_023.sized.jpg

More pictures can be seen here

http://panaman.org/gallery/album43?page=1

I really dig the looks of those fenders in white. I have a polisport white rear, but that one looks a little better. If you don't mind me asking, was the price reasonable to buying the stock stuff?

I really dig the looks of those fenders in white. I have a polisport white rear, but that one looks a little better. If you don't mind me asking, was the price reasonable to buying the stock stuff?

they were not cheap... 160 bucks... and that price can vary depending on what the jap money is worth

I really like those fenders.. much more aggressive looking than stock... particularly the rear. I noticed that there's no taillight though.

I really like those fenders.. much more aggressive looking than stock... particularly the rear. I noticed that there's no taillight though.

yeah you would have to fit an aftermarket one....

I like the fenders. I would like to lay my hands on a 2.5 gallon tank/shroud set-up from the Japanese/NZ/Aussie XR250R's. May be a little more than an A-Loop set-up but that extra 1/2 gallon would be nice.

I like the fenders. I would like to lay my hands on a 2.5 gallon tank/shroud set-up from the Japanese/NZ/Aussie XR250R's. May be a little more than an A-Loop set-up but that extra 1/2 gallon would be nice.

These bikes come with a 2.4 gallon tank stock... you don't need to upgrade to get that. An upgraded tank would put you at or over 3.0 gallons if you were indeed looking to increase tank capacity.

No...just looking at the updated ergos and 2.5 gal CRF-F style tank/shrouds. With an A-Loop set-up you lose the .4 gal down to a 2.0 gal tank to get the same ergos that can be had with OEM parts off of the Japanese/NZ/Aussie XR's and get a 2.5 gal tank versus the stock 2.4 gal tank.