Sign in to follow this  

09 KX250F Suspension settings

I just checked my sag with all my gear on and my rider sag was 95mm and the static sag was 41-42mm. It seems to me that it is too stiff. Should I try loosening the spring up a little so that the rider sag is around 100mm, or do you guys think that it will still be too stiff and I should try the next softest sping?

Check The Preload On The Spring It Sould Be 5mm

I'm new to the whole suspension side of things. How do you check the preload?

Just stick with setting the race sag, fully geared up...

It would seem as your springs are too stiff, what do you weigh?

If you back of the preload to get 100mm race sag, the static sag would be even greater, not good.

to get your preload you first must set your sag,100mm to 110 what ever you prefer,my best is 105-108mm of sag,after you get that take the shock off measure your spring write the number down,then take the spring of and measure again, ideal should be 5mm,thats the best way to know if you need a spring,sounds like a lot of work but not to bad,the bikes are sesitive to set up so its good to get it right.

Just stick with setting the race sag, fully geared up...

It would seem as your springs are too stiff, what do you weigh?

If you back of the preload to get 100mm race sag, the static sag would be even greater, not good.

I weigh 160 lbs. without gear, so I think that I am going to need to go with a softer spring. What do you think?

I weight 160 also I tested with a softer 5.1, no good went back to stock with 105mm of sag I have 5mm of preload on the spring witch is perfect. you need to work on valving if you have any problems, I had to take out some comp on mine, since i weight the same i did the testing for you.

i have stock valving with a 4.6 in the rear and .42 in the front and i have it verry verry good just with clicker adjustments. i am b grade and weigh 68kgs.

I weigh 160 lbs. without gear, so I think that I am going to need to go with a softer spring. What do you think?

You could, but you don´t need to. That is a normal weight for the stock springs.

Don´t buy stuff until you have tried all clicker settings and tried some different sag settings and oil heights...

Service the forks and pour in about 310-320 ml of oil. 370 ml is stock.

Then add oil through bleeder holes (off-center screws) on top of fork until you get the bottoming resistance you need.

This will make the fork feel more fluid.

Try different fork heights.

Try different tires.

Try different sag settings, from 95 to 105 mm. Go out a bit on high speed damping.

Ride the bike between all setting changes.

When all options are tried out and nothing works that good, then maybe you should spend $$$ on revalves and springs.

The finest suspension in the world does not work for you, if it is not set up for you...

This goes for all bikes of all makes...

You could, but you don´t need to. That is a normal weight for the stock springs.

Don´t buy stuff until you have tried all clicker settings and tried some different sag settings and oil heights...

Service the forks and pour in about 310-320 ml of oil. 370 ml is stock.

Then add oil through bleeder holes (off-center screws) on top of fork until you get the bottoming resistance you need.

This will make the fork feel more fluid.

Try different fork heights.

Try different tires.

Try different sag settings, from 95 to 105 mm. Go out a bit on high speed damping.

Ride the bike between all setting changes.

When all options are tried out and nothing works that good, then maybe you should spend $$$ on revalves and springs.

The finest suspension in the world does not work for you, if it is not set up for you...

This goes for all bikes of all makes...

Thanks. I am going out today with an expert racer that I know, and he is going to show me what to do and help me with setup and testing. I'll let you guys know how it goes.