Stop The pit bike Ban. Protest Today 4PM

CPSIA Protest

Thursday, Mar 19, 4pm

Join Jeremy McGrath, Jeff Ward, Troy Lee and many more in a fight for families, small business and freedom.

Malcolm Smith Motorsports

7599 Indiana Avenue

Riverside CA 92504

http://www.malcolmsmith.com

In defiance of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 - or CPSIA - which prohibits the sale of youth motorcycles and ATVs deemed unhealthy for children under 12 due to supposed high-levels of lead content, motorcycle dealer Malcolm Smith will sell these banned vehicles as a sign of protest.

As a sign of support, a group of small business people and high-profile motorcycle industry celebrities, including racers Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath, Glen Helen Raceway owner Bud Feldkamp, and motorsport design guru Troy Lee have all agreed to be on hand to purchase banned units for use by their own children and grandchildren.

Why is the protest absurd? Are you really saying that you think it is OK that the federal government has stopped the sale over nearly every dirtbike aimed for kids 12 and under because they may be unsafe due to lead content. No ktm, honda or Yamaha 50s. No KTM or Kawi 65. I think it even hits some of the other small 4-strokes.

If you don't like the protest then the assumption is that you agree with this ban.

oh it's just not Cali?.......well i think both Cali and the protest are absurd:bonk:

Clearly your statments are made out of ignorance and you have not been paying attention at all the last month or two to the moto world. The lead ban issue has been everywhere moto related. You wouldn't have made your comments if you had a shred of an idea on what was going on here.

I guess actual knowledge on the subject being discussed isn't a prerequisite to making a comment. Nice.

I see this ban as a crazy Government control!

The Government is now telling us now to raise our children. When kids ride little bikes they wear more protective clothing than on another activity. I can’t see how lead is going to harm a kid when he is wearing: boots, pants, knee guards, jersey, chest protector, gloves, helmet and gloves… I am sure many people on this site has ridden bikes for years and never seen any harm. It’s insane that Government has the time and money to waste on banning bikes for young children! There are more pressing issues of significance that need more attention in our County!

Why is the protest absurd? Are you really saying that you think it is OK that the federal government has stopped the sale over nearly every dirtbike aimed for kids 12 and under because they may be unsafe due to lead content. No ktm, honda or Yamaha 50s. No KTM or Kawi 65. I think it even hits some of the other small 4-strokes.

If you don't like the protest then the assumption is that you agree with this ban.

yes the protest is obsurd.....because that is what we must do......sorry for the confusion as was talking about the bike ban itself

Clearly your statments are made out of ignorance and you have not been paying attention at all the last month or two to the moto world. The lead ban issue has been everywhere moto related. You wouldn't have made your comments if you had a shred of an idea on what was going on here.

I guess actual knowledge on the subject being discussed isn't a prerequisite to making a comment. Nice.

how's that rekluse?.....i thought you'd never jump on the bandwagon:lol:

how's that rekluse?.....i thought you'd never jump on the bandwagon:lol:

Not on the bandwagon yet. Not planning to install it on my 05 until I have another MX bike to race with. May pick up a 2-smoke to hold me over until '10 model is out.

Looking to convert the 05 to hare scramble only bike.

I see this ban as a crazy Government control!

The Government is now telling us now to raise our children. When kids ride little bikes they wear more protective clothing than on another activity. I can’t see how lead is going to harm a kid when he is wearing: boots, pants, knee guards, jersey, chest protector, gloves, helmet and gloves… I am sure many people on this site has ridden bikes for years and never seen any harm. It’s insane that Government has the time and money to waste on banning bikes for young children! There are more pressing issues of significance that need more attention in our County!

Well, I see this as less of a control issue and more of a knee jerk reaction by a government that is more concerned with giving the appearance of doing something than actually thinking about they are doing. That is what you get when you live in a society where some many of the people feel "someone should do something" and they rely on someone else to think for them and to tell them what is best for them.

Just reported on a super secret website, that there are meetings planned next week in DC. concerning this subject. Looks like industry people are meeting with Congressman J. Murtha (D) Penn. , the message is being heard.

Where can I find the wording for the law? I'm curious if it has anything about electronics ie. PSP, ninetendo, Wii, X box, etc. I bet there is nothing in there about that. Those circuit boards contain alot of lead. What about V-tech or leap frog electronic learning consoles?

I really like the comment about buying fishing sinkers. Now those can be put in your mouth.

I really feel like my vote never counts.

• Like 1