Sign in to follow this  

Stop The Pitbike ban. Protest Today4PM

CPSIA Protest

Thursday, Mar 19, 4pm

Join Jeremy McGrath, Jeff Ward, Troy Lee and many more in a fight for families, small business and freedom.

Malcolm Smith Motorsports

7599 Indiana Avenue

Riverside CA 92504

http://www.malcolmsmith.com

In defiance of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 - or CPSIA - which prohibits the sale of youth motorcycles and ATVs deemed unhealthy for children under 12 due to supposed high-levels of lead content, motorcycle dealer Malcolm Smith will sell these banned vehicles as a sign of protest.

As a sign of support, a group of small business people and high-profile motorcycle industry celebrities, including racers Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath, Glen Helen Raceway owner Bud Feldkamp, and motorsport design guru Troy Lee have all agreed to be on hand to purchase banned units for use by their own children and grandchildren.

LOL high levels of lead LOL read about this in another

they need to get brad pitt and tom cruise on board to get the national media attention this issue needs.

they need to get brad pitt and tom cruise on board to get the national media attention this issue needs.

Those hippies are probably for it. You need Ted Nugent. :)

• Like 1

that's why i use copper jacketed bullets...i wud hate for sum punk trying to rob me to get lead poisoning :banghead:

i'm all about consumer product safety :)

:banghead:

P.S. wuts really lame is the lead in these products can't even be ingested since it physically and/or chemically bound up in the materials...but the tards in DC don't understand.

this has been brewing for awhile...what a purely asinine idea.. I started riding when I was 5-6 and even I didn't try and chew the frame of my first bike. Sometimes thinning out the gene pool is not a bad idea.. but, when we let 535 career politicians rule 320,000,000... ya gets what ya pay for... :):banghead:

I just drove by there today after buying my youngest son a used KX65, looks like a big todoo! BIG A$$ AMERICAN FLAG draped over the building, one of those ugly ass three wheeled can-ams hanging off the side of the building and lots of venders! :) Good luck Malcom Smith way to go! :banghead:

this is BS!!!! i just bought a 2002 xr50 for my 3 year old daughter she loves it ,cant stop riding , never once has she decided to eat the bike? or suck on any of the parts ....sheesh, this will also effect folks jobs, and alot of other things, im 35 and i grew up on all these lil bikes ,why ruin this for our kids?

Those hippies are probably for it. You need Ted Nugent. :)

:banghead: :banghead: :foul:

But the cars the politicians drive there little kiddies

around in have lead in them, I doubt they use PB free solder,

what if little Johnny crawled up under the dash and started licking the ECU

The good old USA fighting crime by taking a little bit of our freedom every day.

But the cars the politicians drive there little kiddies

around in have lead in them, I doubt they use PB free solder,

what if little Johnny crawled up under the dash and started licking the ECU

The good old USA fighting crime by taking a little bit of our freedom every day.

:):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy:

I like Little Johnny jokes as much as the next guy. But what y'all fail to realize is the fact that these lead based pit bikes unfairly target urban minority children whos parents cant afford or are not around to teach them not to chew on their pit bike. :)

Why can't any dealership sell one of these bikes to an adult who signs paperwork stating the bike will not be used by kids under 16? It seems ridiculous, but I think Joe's Sports is still selling the little Chinese bikes this way.

Why can't any dealership sell one of these bikes to an adult who signs paperwork stating the bike will not be used by kids under 16? It seems ridiculous, but I think Joe's Sports is still selling the little Chinese bikes this way.

Ban On Kids Motorcycles

The Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008 is a sweeping new law that impacts a broad spectrum of our economy. The motorcycle industry is also affected as major motorcycle manufacturers have been forced to discontinue the sale of small motorcycles that are intended for use by children twelve years of age and younger. This law affects these motorcycles due to the potential for lead content in some components that may exceed strict lead content limits.

The CPSIA defines a children’s product as one designed or intended primarily for twelve years of age or younger, and/or a product that is commonly viewed by consumers as being intended for use by a child twelve years of age or younger. Further, a childs product is defined by how it is represented in its packaging, display, promotion and/or advertising as it targeted to users twelve years of age or younger.

BBR Motorsports products are designed, manufactured and marketed to adult consumers as they are built to adapt recreational motorcycles to adult competition standards. Every BBR product is manufactured with the intent to strengthen and improve the durability and performance to accommodate the requirements of full-size adult riders.

We do not believe it is the CPSIA’s intent to ban youth motorcycle sales to children. We are all interested in having appropriately sized youth models available for parents to purchase for their children, and do not want to see young riders tempted to use adult size motorcycles and ATV’s. The commission is working with motorcycle industry executives to take the appropriate action. Until a resolution is reached, BBR intends to comply with CPSIA requirements and will continue to manufacture, market and sell products to adult consumers only. BBR will not sell any items for use by consumers twelve years of age and younger.

BBR will continue to be your source for adult 4-stroke playbike performance aftermarket components. We invite you to contact us anytime with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Brent Brown

Vice President/General Manager

I hate to sound stupid, but is this dealership owned by the offroad legend Malcom Smith? or just a guy who shares the same name?

This whole thing is just wrong. I believe my son will chew on his #2 lead pencil before he licks any lead parts on his 50. They should have banned pencils instead.

This whole thing is just wrong. I believe my son will chew on his #2 lead pencil before he licks any lead parts on his 50. They should have banned pencils instead.

Pencils don't have lead in them they actually have graphite. But I do hear what your saying. My 2 year old has never ingested any part of his TTR50 to date :)

soo... eYe wuz da ownle wun dat chewd on mie break keabals?
Say What?

soo... eYe wuz da ownle wun dat chewd on mie break keabals?

haha, that's just awesome