Sign in to follow this  

07 carb pouring out fuel

i went to start my bike the other day. turned the fuel on and kicked a couple times and normaillly it wud start but no. i looked down and its just pouring fuel out from that black hose on the botttom of the bowl. so i tore the carb apart kuz i figured the float was stuck or something. i took all the jetts out and cleaned them and put it back together. and it does the same thing. so i blew on the fuel tank and it just started leaking out of more of them hoses. im not sure what to look at next... thanks in advance any help would be greatly appreciated

Float valve is stuck open. Remove and clean it.

i pushed the little spring loaded thing in and out and it slid in and out fine.. kud there still be something rong with it? how do u get it otherwise? thanks

Pushing on it may not tell you anything. Take out the float valve and clean it. If that's not it ,then at least you can eliminate that as a problem. A stuck float valve is a common problem with these bikes for some reason. Don't let the bike sit for too long with gas in the carb as this will gum up the float valve.

Pull the pin to remove the float and remove it. Bet you my pay check it is stuck open. Tore mine apart last Saturday for the same thing. I actually managed to ride this one last year.

We need to do a class action suit for this issue.

same thing happened to me as well this year. took the float valve out and cleaned, problem solved..