Sign in to follow this  

bad news, good news...........stolen bikes

ok this morning i went to check on my bikes and all three where gone:eek: , someone stole them when we where all sleeping:foul: !!!!!!we called the law and that didnt do much so we went driving around to see if we could find them, no luck:excuseme: . i prayed that we would find them and 2 minutes later i got a phone call, my dad was out looking for them and found two teenagers riding them down the road,he folowed them to te house and once he pulled up behind them they took off on two of my bikes....we found the other one at the boys house:banana: , the police are there wating for them right now with a warent for there arest:smirk: . looks like thier screwed now:lol: ....they have to come back aventualy, idiots:banghead:

they have to come back aventualy, idiots:banghead:

I dont know im sure there gonna find out that the cops are waiting for them and they might leave it at a friends house or just hide um in the woods, i hope that dosnt happen but im just saying i wouldnt really expect them to just go back to there house when theres cops there.

Well they might not show up with the bikes. I mean they are probably kids so they cant run away from home over something like this. there best bet would be to ditch the bikes and spend a night in jail/ pay a fine.

my kx250f got stolen on tuesday night .. im not that religious but im considering it now

considering becoming religious because your bike was stolen? I think I'm missing something here..

I don't see how they can have an arrest warrant based on someone's word with zero investigating?? I hope you do have your bike, but the cops might just be there for the 'scare factor'...if they're kids, then I bet that this would work rather nicely.

FWIW, it's not a crime for the police to 'pretend' to have an arrest warrant...I know of a couple situations where that happened and that alone was enough to force a confession. Hope you get your bikes back!!! :)

We always lock ALL 6 of the bikes together and to a huge metal pole :) I know its a little much, but no one has stolen em yet!

Praying he doesn't find the guy and kill him.

LOL

I think all the time about how lucky we are. There is very little theft around here. Even so, I still try to be careful and make sure everything is locked up in the garage. If someone tried to break into my garage during the day while I'm at work they'd get a nasty surprise. My 200lb mastiff hangs out in the garage during the day, and he doesn't take too kindly to strangers if I'm not nearby. I doubt they'd get closer than 5' from the garage door before they took off.

Congrats on catching the fools! I hope they get the rest of your cash back and the kids good some decent punishment. I wonder what they planned on telling their folks? That someone gave them the bikes?? Be sure and let us know how it all plays out.

J.

Steve, you are right. I believe a Warrant has to be signed by a Judge first. It sure is nice to hear the police being pro-active.

HMYL: Good luck getting your bikes back. One other thought: I am glad that you and you're father were lucky enough to identify the thieves and get the police involved. Your efforts to find these guys probably means that the thieves won't be getting someone else anytime soon .

Good for you!

J: REALLY LOL!!!

Thank you very much for the story. That is great. I saw a sticker on someones car once that said: "Insured by Smith & Wesson" How's about "Mastiff, Inc" ? they'll never know what hit 'em!

LOL

I think all the time about how lucky we are. There is very little theft around here. Even so, I still try to be careful and make sure everything is locked up in the garage. If someone tried to break into my garage during the day while I'm at work they'd get a nasty surprise. My 200lb mastiff hangs out in the garage during the day, and he doesn't take too kindly to strangers if I'm not nearby. I doubt they'd get closer than 5' from the garage door before they took off.

J.

That's exactly why I'm so glad I'll be moving back home to N.C......:)

i feel so bad for you . every night im up at every noise of a car i hear out side . if i here anything i stare out at my garage for the next 15 minutes just to make sure no one is there. then for the next school day im wondering if my bike is ok . at least its in a locked garage with 3 crazy dogs inside it =] hope you get your bikes back

I don't see how they can have an arrest warrant based on someone's word with zero investigating?? I hope you do have your bike, but the cops might just be there for the 'scare factor'...if they're kids, then I bet that this would work rather nicely.

FWIW, it's not a crime for the police to 'pretend' to have an arrest warrant...I know of a couple situations where that happened and that alone was enough to force a confession. Hope you get your bikes back!!! :)

I believe they can get a warrant to search the property and the kids as even though it was the father who seen them, they already found the 3rd bike at the kids house. That there should give cause for the warrant. I hope you get them back. Let us know what happens.

good news, we found the other bike at his freinds house or somthing...one of the kids that where riding it came forward about it, but he said he didnt know anything about the bike being stolen....he has a broke leg so he couldnt have stole it....the other boy is 18 though so he will be charged as a adult....the cops are trying to figur it out know, the mom of the boy is giving out alot of info on the matter.....we'll find em.

Thats great news! One question, you know that those kids rode the piss out of your bikes, their probably all clapped out now and need top ends (hope thats not the case) but if it is can you somehow sue them for damages? that would be great. When i get my bike back together (the shock and back wheel is off now) im going to chain it up to a 2x4 support in my garage wall. that should slow them down (hopefully) lol

well the one we found was pretty dirty but i think its fine, the one we havent found yet has a new top end so it will be fine..... soposably its one guy that stole them, he will have 3 counts of robery...he will get whats coming

My 15 year old nephew was walking his RM80 to the gas station to put gas in it. Two older teens in a car stopped , and one got out and knocked him down.

He then started the bike and took off with the car following.

Luckily my nephew got the license plate number , and they were caught, and he got there bike back. Unfortunaltly they blew up the engine from riding wide open down the highway so long.

We got an etimated repair bill of $ 900 from the dealer, and brought it to the court.

My cousin got all $ 900 back over a 3 year period. I bet that kid learned a lesson !:)