Sign in to follow this  

Jetting help!!

Hey Guys, I've been searching on this for a couple days but couldn't find the anwser I am looking for. I am having this dreaded bog with the occasional flameout, stalling right at the face of a log or rock when I open the throttle hard about 1/8 to 1/4, It runs fine after that. I bought the jd kit and the flex jet, But until they get here, What can I do to improve this? Will a bigger pilot help? Do I have to move the needle up or down? I have a HS this sunday and would like to improve this matter until my JD kit gets here.

The bike is stock, TXC450 2008, with about 10hrs in it.

I'm at sea level, temp ranging from 35 to 65 this week.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys, I've been searching on this for a couple days but couldn't find the anwser I am looking for. I am having this dreaded bog with the occasional flameout, stalling right at the face of a log or rock when I open the throttle hard about 1/8 to 1/4, It runs fine after that. I bought the jd kit and the flex jet, But until they get here, What can I do to improve this? Will a bigger pilot help? Do I have to move the needle up or down? I have a HS this sunday and would like to improve this matter until my JD kit gets here.

The bike is stock, TXC450 2008, with about 10hrs in it.

I'm at sea level, temp ranging from 35 to 65 this week.

Thanks in advance.

Probubly needs a bigger leak jet, jetting is only evaluated with a steady throttle, acceleration/throttle responce is the accelerator pump

I've bought it already, But it takes about a week to get here! I have a HS this sunday and would like the bike to run better, thanks.

Hey!! a fellow MA guy, thanks, I found a place to buy a leak jet, I see that quite a few people run a #70 leakjet, so I went and ordered one, I don't think that the jd kit comes with one anyways, we'll see!! I'll try to turn the idle up a little more to see if helps.

the kit does come with a leak, its a number 70. the husky R needle is what some people use. pilot can be between 48-52.. i believe there is a sticky for this somewhere...

My '05 TE510 has had the pop/die crap going on since day one.....typically after running a little hard, do something like off throttle into hard corner or thru steep dip and hit gas to launch out of the corner or loft front end up to go over log/rock.....instant pop/die.

I "thought" I had finally figured it out with AP squirt timing adjusted, and 45 leak jet (from stock blank and 50 tried). I've had no recent issue while I was riding, but this last weekend a buddy of mine rode it down a steep rocky embankment, gave a little blip on the throttle to float over lip, and pop!...she's died.

So while I guess I'm not 100% yet, but much better than stock.

Basic things I've done to date is raise the idle a bit, got rid of the blank leak jet in float bowl for currently a 45 as mentioned, and verified AP squirt just missed slide (seemed to be right at 2.75mm space from arm to screw base.........maybe someone has a pic??).....oh, and #78 o-ring over arm

Ok, thanks for the replies guys, it still an ongoing problem, I haven't received my jd kit, but I installed the o-ring in it today, I only tested with the bike on the stand and it wasn't properly warm, it still bogged but far less then sunday, I'll try to go out tomorrow or thurday and see how it runs, I orderded #70 leak jet from halls this morning, I should have it thursday, I'll put that in as well until my jd kit gets here.

So here's my setup so far:180 main jet , #42 pilot, I didnt touch the needle,

fuel screw 2 turns out, o-ring in the AP, assuming plugged leakjet.

I'll get there!!!!! keep the wisdom coming.

any J bike dealer will have brass to go in your bike, you don't have to wait to order jetting from a husky dealer, especially if it means your missing out on some riding. brass is all the same for the FCR.... :thumbsup::usa:

:thumbsup::usa::lol: MY box with the jd kit and my flex jet was sitting on my door step as I was leaving to go riding!!! I'll installl them now and ride later, I'll give a report of how it turns out.