Sign in to follow this  

Took of my carb. What am i getting myself into.

Hey guys.

I am not much of a carb guy but I am willing to learn.

I am not trying to rejet or anything, I just wanted to clean the carb itself, and open it up to see if there is anything gummed up because it is having problems keeping an idle since winter (my friend adjusted the idle back then). I never had the chance to clean it out for winter like i've read your supposed to do because I broke my leg.

So far I have Taken all the hoses off of it. Taken the throttle housing (the thing on the top) off and put it safely on a rag. And taken the carb out and drained the gas from it. and sealed off the port that it was attatched to with a sandwich bad and rubberband

The bike is an 02 CR125. Is there anything I should know before I go further?

On the engine side of the main jet is the pilot jet, if my memory is correct it will be slotted screw driver up a hole? remove it, soak it overnight in lasquer thinner or acetone (fingernail polish remover). Anything more that you take apart is just more opportunity to screw it up! Before the pilot goes back in you must be able to hold it to the light and see a clear round not blurry hole.

• Like 1

On the engine side of the main jet is the pilot jet, if my memory is correct it will be slotted screw driver up a hole? remove it, soak it overnight in lasquer thinner or acetone (fingernail polish remover). Anything more that you take apart is just more opportunity to screw it up! Before the pilot goes back in you must be able to hold it to the light and see a clear round not blurry hole.

Thanks!

I actually just cleaned the outside of the carb (had some chain lube and such on it) and put it back on. I did not want to mess anything up.

Thanks for the help though