Sign in to follow this  

Powdercoat or anodize swingarm black?

I want to either powdercoat or anodize a swingarm black and was wondering which one would hold up and look better?

Does anyone know what this swingarm cover is, who makes it etc on this ktm 300??

ktm300xcw2008r640001930.jpg

I want to either powdercoat or anodize a swingarm black and was wondering which one would hold up and look better?

Anodizing is usually the preferred choice because it doesn't require the part to be heated like powder coating does (possibly ruining the factory heat treating of the part).

I think anodizing would be stronger also..

Anodize won't add weight or subject the part to heat, but either will probably work. I think Hyde racing makes the swing arm covers.

Anodize won't add weight or subject the part to heat, but either will probably work. I think Hyde racing makes the swing arm covers.

yeh i was looking through the parts unlimited catalouge in the tt store and hyde makes some

Thanks I'm going to look for a local anodizing shop and checkout that hyde cover.

anodizing the swingarm is going to be considerably more expensive than pcing it. I know lots of people who pc their swing arms and work as good as stock