Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Grant Langston's number

I watched a RacerX video today and GL was riding with the #8. This made me think, cause from what I recall he's been out since 2007. Did he race any early SX's in 08 that got him at least 1pt? If not, shouldn't his # be up for grabs?

Maybe out of respect for him, none of the other riders are taking it?? Either that, or there have been no new champions that are eligible for a new number???

Suppose that makes sense. If JLaw or Canard didn't want the number than I can see why it went unclaimed. RV made his choice. Stewart already has one. And Reed is sticking with twotwo.

Suppose that makes sense. If JLaw or Canard didn't want the number than I can see why it went unclaimed. RV made his choice. Stewart already has one. And Reed is sticking with twotwo.

Is east/west Supercross even eligible for that? I thought it was for the nationals and 450 Supercross???

Ya, for some reason that just sticks in my head. But if you look at it though, none of the east/west prior champs run a single digit number. Villy runs one, but he is a multi-time champ. Did Townley win the championship for PC? I can't remember

I thought he raced one or two rounds in 08. I seem to remember his rear shock linkage breaking on a jump, then he cleared the triple after with no rear suspension. I'm pretty sure that wasn't all the way back in 07.

From what I remember you have to win a lites (125) outdoor title, or 450 mx or sx title to be eligible for a single digit. I don't think regional sx titles count. #'s 10-29? are semi permanent, I don't know exactly what it takes to get one of those numbers.

Langston won that championship in 2007 so I'm thinking 2008 counted as a championship defense even though he was injured, and doesn't count as his one year not scoring points. This is just my guess though.

i heard gl is going to try to race outdoors,anyone else hear anything

I thought he raced one or two rounds in 08. I seem to remember his rear shock linkage breaking on a jump, then he cleared the triple after with no rear suspension. I'm pretty sure that wasn't all the way back in 07.

I thought so too but I can't find the early 08 results.

Langston scored points in a few SX races last year.

East/West regional SX titles do not count towards receiving a single digit #. Even East/West regional race wins do not count toward your official win totals for your career which I think is lame.

Supercross doesn't count for a national number for either class i thought.

Wins and titles count for Lites Nationals and 450 SX/Nationals. If all you did was race Lites SX, you would not receive any "official" points towards a National # or single digit # even if you won a regional title. Carmichael's official win/championship totals do not include his 125 wins and title.

Langston scored points in a few SX races last year.

East/West regional SX titles do not count towards receiving a single digit #. Even East/West regional race wins do not count toward your official win totals for your career which I think is lame.

Wins and titles count for Lites Nationals and 450 SX/Nationals. If all you did was race Lites SX, you would not receive any "official" points towards a National # or single digit # even if you won a regional title. Carmichael's official win/championship totals do not include his 125 wins and title.

:):banghead:

Thx for clearing that up!

In 2008 GL raced the 1st 4 rounds of SX. Placing 4th, 20th, 18th and 5th for a total of 38 points.

Its great to see him coming back. :)

Hell yeah bitch, great to see him coming back. Hopefully we can see him in a few Nationals this year.

Supercross class it does Lites don't!

he rode like 5 or 6 supercross rounds in 2008. So if he rides outdoors this year he will still be able to keep it.

*EDIT

oops my bad didn't see the posts above ^