Sign in to follow this  

What year of RM 125?

Looking at getting a rm 125.there are a few for sale around me a 2000,2001 and a 2003.What are te pros and cons of each year and what would you guys suggest and why.Thanks

2000's are fugly and outdated compared to the 03, I had an 01 and loved the shit out of it, it was the most fun bike i ever owned, I loved clutching that bad boy and holdin it wide open, great motor! In 03 they put a stiffer fork, changed the seat foam, the motor makes a little more low end than previous years and has an awesome mid range and top end. The suspension changes gave this bike even better handling on a bike that already turns on a dime. I would go with the 03 if you got the dough, and I'd stay away from the 2000.

the 2001 doesnt have as much power down low as the 02+ bikes, i had an 01 and it was a blast, now about 4-5 years after selling it i got an 04 and absolutly love the bike....really you cant go wrong with any of them but if possible id try to get an 02+

Stay away from bikes older than 01. They changed the platics and a lot of other things on the rm's in 01. I think the 03 would be best because it is the newest of your choices.

If you can go with the newer 1 if poss. just cause you'll you wont have as much trouble finding parts for it compare to the older rm's