Sign in to follow this  

Questions on my 09 TE 450

I just got mt first Husqvarna and aside from having to drive to Phoenix to get it I could not be happier with it. I do have some questions that the dealer could not answer so maybe someone here can help. The spec sheet that came with the bike says that the gas tank is 3.3 gallons or 12.4 liters, the fuel light came on and the tank only took 1.3 gallons, so I don't believe that the tank is 3.3 gallons. Does anyone have an ideal of how far you can go once the fuel light comes on? I cannot get the computer to switch to MPH, I thought it was me but 4 people have tried unsuccessfully, what is the trick? As I am new to the Husky world I've enjoyed this site while researching for my new ride, your posts about this bike convinced me to go with it and I am very glad that I did, the bike is great.

Congratulations!!! :)

1.9 is the stock capacity

3 gal is IMS aftermarket

I don't think you can go far once the light comes on at all... mine came on and I ran it dry about 2 miles later. also I don't understand it yet (how) but the fuel pump can get displaced and move up making more gas in the tank unavailable for use (there's a fix- again I don't understand it- probably once I tank the tank off it will be self explanatory)- kinda like moving the petcock up the side of the tank,,, also it seems only about 1.5 of the 1.9 is usable fuel even if the fuel pump is in its correct position...